Evan and Rabastan

Rabastan sat, straight back with his hands holded in his lap as he listened to his parents and The Blacks spoke. Lyall, Elizabeth and Lyall 'Harry' Gordon, sat across from him and Rodolphus, who had his wife to his right.

"Rabastan, how have your lessons been?" Lyall asked him. Rababstan snapped out of his thoughts.

"Huh? Oh yes, sorry Sir, my lessons have been going smoothly. Is there anything in particular you would like to know, Sir?"

Lyall thought for a moment, "what classes do you excel at? My boy is skilled in the Dark Arts." Harry Gordon lifted his head up,"huh?" he asked but was ignored.

"We don't have Dark Arts at Hogwarts, Sir, but I have high marks in Potions and Defence Against the Dark Arts."

"No Dark Arts? Defence Against the Dark Arts? Now why would you ever need that? The Dark Arts aren't evil." Lyall exclaimed, "Raydan, how can you send your sons to such a place? You too Orion."

"I agree with you, Lyall, but the Wife insisted that I send the boys to Hogwarts." Raydan Lestrange said, turning his attention to his long time friend, "I kept telling Cassida that Hogwart would turn their brains to mush, but she persisted."

"The boys were supposed to start school at Durmstrang, but that fell through, much to our families dismay." Orion spoke, shooting glances at his wife, she was the one that wanted the boys to go to the Pureblood school. Orion remembered with great fear how his wife reacted when it fell through.

"If you want to pull the boys out, I'm sure they can study with my children. It might benefit them well, especially that boy of yours Sirius," Lyall said, saying children sat right in front of him, hoping that their parents wouldn't take them up on the offer. "My girls Lilian and Leslie are around the same age as the boys, if you get what I'm saying." Lyall said glancing between the two sets of parents.

His wife's hands tightened around her fork and his son's eyes burned holes in Lyalls head. Neither one liked where this was going. "Lyall honey," his wifes soft timid voice said as she laid a hand on his arm.

Elizabeth's husband shrugged her off, "think about it, if you will, both girls are very well mannered and sweet spirited, I think they'll fair well with your boys."

That was the first time Rabastan Lestrange heard the name Leslie Gordon.

He remembered when he learned of the horrific deaths of the Gordons. He had no strong reaction one way or the other. As horrible as that sounds.

Now as he watched Leslie joke with Barty, he felt more empathy towards what happened to them.

He thought she was beautiful. Her laugh brought him a warmth to his chest, and he wasn't sure why.

The first time Evan Rosier heard of Leslie was slightly different.

He was 16 years old, sitting on the large maroon chair in his uncle's study. His young Aunt Lenora, only a few years older than he was, watching over him as he held her new son, Bowman Stephan Christophe Rosier,

"The baby is a relatively beautiful child," his mothers silky voice broke the silence in the room, "my Evan looked like a toad."

Evan felt his cheeks heat up as he focused closely on his baby cousin. He was round, with ruddy cheeks and deep ginger hair.

"He looks just like my little sister, her name's Leslie Victoria. She's around Evans age," Evans interest was now peeked, he glanced up at his aunt.

He thought his Aunt was a beautiful woman, how could he not? She was only about 5 years older than him. With long silky brown hair and hazel green eyes, and tan freckled skin. She was beautiful.

And she was nice. You don't meet many nice pureblood women he learned quickly as a child. Once he had a small crush on Bellatrix Black but that only lasted a minute. She had tripped him down the stairs, and he dislocated his shoulder. That wasn't very nice.

Lenora leaned over his shoulder to look at her son. His heart felt like it was going to burst out of his chest. He wondered if she could hear it. And if she could, he would die.

"I still wonder, Lenora, why Bowman?" His mother, Corrine Roseir said, he tones judgy.

Evan swore he could see her face flush just a bit, "it's my grandfather's name, and I wanted to honour him. And my sisters both wanted me to name him that."

"How unfortunate. But good on you for honouring your grandfather, it gives me hope that Christophe will honour my husband and myself. As they say, honour their elders." Lenora looked up to meet her Sister-In-Law with confusion

If it was because his mother referred to her son as his third name, or if it's because his mother said what she did, he did not know. But he knew the mood in the room changed. So he went back to looking at his cousin.

Evan was devastated when he learned of his Aunts and Cousins dead. He cried. Of course no one would know that. His mother seemed slightly happy by the news, and that only caused him more anger towards her.

Now, a month after learning of their deaths, Evan watched her sister laugh at one of Bartys jokes.

And his heart hurt.