Chapter 45

Valeriana's pov

It's been a month since we've been going to school. Nothing has happened, not even a small attack. It's exhausting waiting for something to happen. Being alert all the time. For the past two days we have had a terrible storm. Currently there was thunder and lightning. It was distracting. Well the thunder and lightning were more interesting than this teacher and his lesson.

The power went off as a flash of lightning lit up the sky. A crack of thunder boomed causing a few students to shout.

"Everyone relax, the back up generators should work shortly," the teacher says. I lean back in my seat and watch the sky. The rain was pouring. The leaves on the trees were blowing wildly.

"Everyone report to the main gym. No pushing or rushing. Everything is fine. There are lights being set up in the gym while we wait out the worst part of the storm," Mrs. Allen's voice said through a megaphone as she walked through the hall.

"Alright everyone up. And head down to the gym," the teacher says. I stand up along with Devyn and Kian. The hall was filled with students. They disregarded what the principal asked and were rushing through the halls. Devyn and Kian step out into the hall with me following. Students shove and push their way through. The halls were dark. Since the rain clouds were dark and blocking the sun there wasn't much light to see in here. My hand reached out and grabbed the wall as I was shoved. I look up. Devyn and Kian weren't in my line of vision. Not that I could really see who I was surrounded by. Only silhouettes of my peers. I push myself away from the wall and continue to the gym. I pull my phone out and turn my flashlight on. A body rammed into mine. My phone fell out of my hands.

It fell on the side with the flashlight. Another sound of thunder came. It was loud and rumbled for more than a few seconds. Once I picked my phone up I saw the herd of students was thinning out. I trial behind the students.

As another round of thunder came I was shoved onto the ground. I roll onto my back and look up. A shadow of someone was above me before I was hit on the temple. My eyes flutter close.

~~~

My head was throbbing as I peeled my eyes open. The smell of the room was musty. I look around the room. It was dimly lit. I was in a cell. There were other cells around me. Someone was next to me and then across from me were two males and a girl around my age maybe a few years younger. They weren't facing me so I couldn't see their faces. The guy next to me was laying on the ground. He looked like he had just received a beating. The sound of boots and heels enter the room. The two guys turn around. Damien and Kolton. Why were they locked up? Where was Janessa? Who was the girl? They push the girl behind them.

"Look who finally woke up," Mother says. The lights turned on lighting the room up more. I look at her with a blank expression. She smirked at me before stopping in front of the cell. Chris appeared next to her. He stared at me. They probably thought I was going to cry or shuffle back in fear. I pushed myself up from the ground and stepped closer. I rest my arms on the bars. I smirk back at them. Mother's smirk faltered.

"It's so fucking good to see you again, Mother. I get the chance to fucking kill you myself," I say.

"Valeriana," Damien warned. I chuckle before looking towards Chris.

"You don't seem shocked, I'm a part of this, why?" Chris asked. I lick my lips.

"Please, I fucking figured everything out after mother's gift. Correct me if I'm wrong. Let's see. Mother and you two are involved. You helped her hide from the guys. You kept her hidden from the Italians. Mother starts her torture on me. Yet it isn't enough to satisfy her. She gathers others. Damien and Kolton are a part of the plan. Seeing how protective they are of the girl. She must be close to them. Close enough to them to use her as leverage to get them to do what you both want. Getting me to trust others then having them betray me. Good one Mother. If only it would have affected me like you were hoping. Sucks knowing this part of your plan didn't fuck me up like you were hoping. I'm fine with it. Couldn't give a shit about them doing what you wanted. Now Trey and Monroe are... Actually Trey isn't involved in this, is he?" I asked. They shook their heads but didn't say anything.

"Monroe though, she is. I don't see where she fits into this. That is what I've come up with so far," I say. Chris stares at me with a smirk. "Oh wait, then there is Janessa," I chuckle. I nod my head. "She fits into this because she belongs to you both. The resemblance is there. I should have killed her when I had the chance," I say. Mother grabbed my wrist harshly. I twisted my arm so I had her wrist. I quickly break her wrist causing her to cry out in pain.

"Shit, it seems you should have remembered who the hell you were dealing with after your last boy toy. These bars may be here to keep me in but trust me mother I will be joining you on the outside. Where there is no place you could ever hide from me where I can't find you," I say. Chris ripped my hand off of her before ushering her towards the exit. "If you decide to run when I'm free I will hunt you down. The torture I have planned for you will make what you put me through look like shit. You will wish you would have killed yourself instead of faking your death. I'll be waiting for your next visit!" I shouted out before they left the room.

"You really shouldn't anger them," Kolton says. I smirk at him.

"No, you guys shouldn't have angered me!" I yell. Kolton flinched. "You thought they were a threat to her. You should have thought about what I would do when I found out. You should have let them kill her. Have no leverage over you. Because when I'm done with her you will not recognise who the hell she is!" I snapped. The girl's eyes widened. Fear flashed across her face and tears filled her eyes. She should be scared.