Chapter 27

Valeriana's pov

People rushed around me as I walked into the house. My eyes land on my dads standing next to Chris and Trey. It looked like they were having a serious conversation. My dads walk away.

"Valer!" Trey shouts before motioning me to come over. I jog over to him and his dad. I give them both a wide smile.

"It's nice to see you again Chris," I say. He gives me a side hug while ordering a guy to get my weapons ready.

"Nice to see you, kiddo. Are you ready?" Chris asked.

"Ready for what?" I asked. Trey texted me to show up and that it was urgent. He didn't specifically say what was going on. It was 6 in the evening when I got the text and now I have to miss family dinner. I was planning on showing up to it tonight.

"We are making a deal tonight and it's a big exchange so we need everyone who is excellent in weapons to check the crates and keep guard. There are a total of 50 crates we bought. You and Trey were taught by me. So you two are needed tonight. Trey to check the weapons. Valer if anyone tries to intercept this exchange you are to take them out, understand kiddo?" Chris asked. I nodded my head. He didn't even train me fully, he shipped me off to the assassin's but whatever.

"Where is this taking place?" I asked. Trey tells me the address. I glare at him before hitting his stomach. "That's halfway home. I could have met you there!" I shout at him. He rubbed his stomach.

"I forgot you moved," he grumbled. Chirs chuckles before patting his son's back.

"Take car eight since you're here and him," Chris says. I nod my head before gripping Trey's arm tightly and dragging him behind me with him shouting at me to let him go. I was approached by another guard. He hands me all my weapons. I slid on my holsters before putting the other weapons in the car that I couldn't strap to me. It took an hour and a half before everyone was ready and full of ammo before we were all heading to the exchange location.

When I parked my car my eyes went to Chris who was out of the car and talking with the other guy. My eyes widened when I saw Santino and Nazario standing behind the person talking with Chris. Which means Chirs was talking with Aurelio.

"Are you shitting me? Are you trying to get me grounded?" I asked.

"My father told me not to tell you because you wouldn't help. This is too important for both mafia's not to have this place as secure as we can. I'm sorry," Trey says before stepping out of the car when Chris turned to my car and motioned for Trey. He walks over to his father before shaking hands with Aurelio. Trey and I have done jobs for his father before but this is his first time being by his fathers side during an exchange and one as big as this. I step out of the car before looking around the area. My dad and papà were guarding one of the entrances. There were only two ways to drive in and out of here.

"Echo, get a move on," someone says from their position. I take my spare knife and throw it at his foot. It stuck into the ground a few inches from his foot. His eyes widened before taking a step back.

"Take that as your warning to stay out of my business," I mutter before motioning for him to pick my knife up and give it to me. He bent down and grabbed my knife before handing it to me. I put it away before walking over to my spot. I was to stay here and keep guard while they finished talking. My Assault rifle in my hand as I scanned the dimmed area in front of me. So far and hopefully it stays this way nothing or anyone was out there.

"Valer, it's time," Chris says. My eyes catch movement. I wait a second. It could have been the wind blowing the grass. I searched the area once more. "Valer!" Chris yelled. My eyes see the movement again.