11. Can We Stay Forever?(III)

Continued-

Anubhav took a final deep breath after the completion of the day's work. He was just about to leave his cabin when someone knocked.

AS- Come in..

A girl entered with a file in her hand.

AS- ek aur file de di kya Sir ne?(he said looking at the file)

Girl- arre nahi sir..ispar main kaam kar rahi thi..par ek do jagah pe query hai..toh can you please help?

He smiled with a relief.

AS- Sure..baithiye na..

She smiled and took a seat. They were discussing some point when he got a call.

AS- boliye Ms.Malik..(he said engrossed in the file)

Haseena looked at the phone amusingly..he never addressed her that way. She felt sad but ignored the feeling anyway.

HM- um, Anubhavji, apko time lagega ghar aane mein?

AS- haan..ek ghanta lagega..kyun, maa puch rahi thi kya?

HM- ji nahi, hum puch rahe the..(she said, annoyed by his question)

AS- kyun?

HM- aise hi..chaliye theek hai, aap kaam kijiye hum rakhte hain..B-(before she could say bye, he cut the call)

Girl- anything important, Sir?

AS- nahi nahi..aap uspar focus kijiye..dekhiye ismein ye mistake hai..isiliye result alag aa raha hai..(he explained, looking at the file)

They discussed and Anubhav left for home later.

Haseena opened the door with a frown but he pretended to unnotice that. He kept his office bag on the couch and went inside the bathroom for a nice, cold shower.

HASEENA

Inhe ho kya gaya hai? Pehle toh kitne pyar se baat karte the..par jabse divorce ki baat tay hui hai inka behavior alag sa ho gaya hai..par divorce ka idea toh inhi ka tha..

-----------

Haseena served the dinner which she herself had made for Anubhav.

He took the first bite and Haseena looked at him with anticipation.

HM- kaisa hai? Humne khaas apke liye banaya hai..

AS- accha hai..(he said curtly and continued eating)

She frowned again..Why is he behaving so? She thought.

Maa-Baba noticed the tension between the couple but decided not to interfere. They silently had the dinner and went to their room.

HM- apko hua kya hai? Aise kyu behave kar rahe hain?(she said, closing the door of their room)

AS- hum toh samanya vyavhaar hi kar rahe hain Miss Malik..jaisa ek room mate  dusre room mate ke sath karta hai..(he said, gulping some water)

She was dumbfounded..getting the taste of her own medicine. She felt guilty.
Anubhav sighed seeing her guilt-struck face.

AS- ab chhodiye woh sab..so jaiye..

She said nothing and quietly slept beside him.

-----------

The next day,

Anubhav was in deep thoughts..he knew Ammi and Abbu loved Haseena too much..how could they deny a marriage for her happiness? Something was missing, he thought to himself.