Twenty Three

-𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮, 𝓛𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓮𝓻, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓪 𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓔𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓹𝓮-

Aanya and Arjun exchanged a worried glance, their eyes communicating their shared concern, as Rukmi approached them with an air of authority. Arjun swiftly pulled Aanya behind him, causing her to raise an eyebrow in surprise.

"Who might you be?" Rukmi inquired, taking slow steps toward them, his gaze lingering a tad longer on Arjun than necessary.

With a sly grin playing on his lips, Arjun adopted a high-pitched, melodious voice while dramatically pulling his dupatta closer to his face. "Pranam, Yuvraaj Rukmi!" he exclaimed, adding a flirtatious giggle for good measure.

Rukmi's smile widened as he looked at Arjun, intrigued by this sudden transformation. "I encountered you outside while meeting your brother, isn't that right?" Arjun nodded enthusiastically, earning a stifled snicker from Aanya, who was trying her best not to burst into laughter.

"Yes, indeed!" Arjun responded, maintaining the act with a forced smile.

"Brihannala," Rukmi whispered, his voice filled with admiration, "What a beautiful name." Aanya struggled even harder to hide her giggles, covering her mouth in a failed attempt to contain her amusement.

"Thank you, Yuvraaj," Arjun replied, mustering up his best coy expression.

Curiosity getting the better of him, Rukmi pressed on, "And why were you here, Brihannala?"

"To deliver the divine prasad from Rishi Durvasha to the Rajkumari," Arjun replied.

"Rukmini, did you receive the prasad?" Rukmi asked sternly.

"Brihannala, it seems like Yuvraaj is quite taken with you," Aanya teased Arjun, her laughter threatening to bubble over.

Arjun cast a glare in her direction, quickly replacing it with a smile as Rukmi turned his attention back to him.

"Rajkumari," Arjun interrupted, motioning for Rukmini to play along, "Rishi Durvasha has instructed that this sacred prasad should only be consumed at a sacred place."

"But I have no desire to eat this prasad," Rukmini protested, feigning annoyance.

"You must have it, Rukmini," Rukmi insisted, his voice tinged with frustration as he advanced towards her.

Swiftly, Arjun reached out and held Rukmi's hand before bashfully withdrawing and hiding behind his dupatta. "I apologize, Yuvraaj," he murmured, giving Rukmi a shy smile. The Yuvraaj blushed and returned the smile, clearly smitten by Arjun's gesture.

"The princess should make her way to the Temple of Mata Gauri to consume the prasad. Only then, with the blessings of Rishi Durvasha, will she find her true soulmate," Arjun suggested, his eyes dancing mischievously.

Rukmi stared at Arjun, contemplating the idea. "But -"

"I'm not the only one saying this, Yuvraaj," Arjun interjected, winking playfully.

Rukmi grinned and nodded. "Alright, I shall make the arrangements for her temple visit."

Arjun and Aanya exchanged a blend of excitement and apprehension in their glances, knowing that their plan was beginning to take shape.