Thirty Seven

-𝓕𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓻𝓴𝔂 𝓽𝓸 𝓒𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓲𝓿𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰-

It was a beautiful afternoon in Hastinapur, and the palace gardens were bathed in warm, golden sunlight. Karna strolled through the gardens and spotted Aanya sitting under a big banyan tree, wholly engrossed in a comical conversation with a little squirrel. Watching her, he couldn't help but chuckle as his attention was also drawn to her whimsical interaction. Meanwhile, Duryodhan and Dushasan noticed the scene and looked in the same direction. Expressing his disdain, Duryodhan rolled his eyes at Aanya and strode off toward his room.

Dushasan, wearing a puzzled expression, remarked, "She always behaves weirdly."

Karna replied with a gentle smile, "Not weird, she is just enjoying her life."

"By talking to a squirrel?" Dushasan asked, visibly amused.

Karna nodded, his eyes following Aanya's movements as she continued to interact with the squirrel. "Yes, by finding joy in the simple things," he explained. "It's a rare and beautiful quality, one that many of us could learn from."

Dushasan considered Karna's words for a moment before replying, "I suppose you're right. It's just so different from what we're used to seeing." He watched Aanya for a few moments longer, a thoughtful expression on his face.

As Aanya felt their curious gazes, she slowly raised her head, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment, and quickly dropped the squirrel, trying to brush off the awkwardness of being caught in an unconventional conversation. She didn't want them to think she was some kind of woodland creature whisperer.

She waved her hand at them, hoping to play off the squirrel incident as a silly fluke, but Dushasan couldn't resist a tease, groaning, "Nah, she is still weird," before sauntering off in the same direction as Duryodhan.

"Was he calling me weird?" Aanya asked Karna, catching him off guard. He blinked in surprise, "When did you sneak up on me?"

"When he called me weird," Aanya mumbled, feeling a mixture of annoyance and amusement.

"He was -" Karna started to explain, but Aanya cut him off with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Lying is wrong, Angraj," Aanya declared, shaking her head in disapproval.

Karna chuckled at Aanya's playful accusation, shaking his head in amusement. "Alright, alright, I won't argue with you on that," he said with a warm smile. "But, trust me, he meant it in the best possible way."

Aanya chuckled back, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "Sure, I'll take your word for it, Angraj."

"It's good to see you back here," Karna said with a smile.

"I know. Otherwise, this palace is filled with boring people," Aanya said sassily, sticking out her tongue teasingly.

Karna chuckled, "So, you are calling us all boring?"

"Do you have any doubt, Angraj?" Aanya asked jokingly.

"No, if you're saying that, it must be true," Karna said, already conceding defeat.

"I'm always right," Aanya said, punctuating her point with a playful wink.

"Can't argue with that," Karna said, with a grin.