Five

~𝓑𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓖𝓲𝓰𝓰𝓵𝓮𝓼~

"I thought you said it was just a family dinner," Aanya muttered to Dushala, her voice barely audible amidst the awe-inspiring sight of the palace garden. The surroundings were adorned with exquisite decorations, creating a mesmerizing ambiance. Soft glows emitted from charming lamps, casting a warm glow on the area. In the center, singers and dancers showcased their talents, captivating the attention of everyone present.

Dushala, brimming with excitement, eagerly pulled Aanya towards Kunti and Gandhari. "Yes, we have organized this gathering to welcome all my brothers," she explained animatedly, her eyes gleaming with anticipation.

Caught in the enchantment of the scene, Aanya found herself seated beside Kunti as she beckoned her over. "Putri, come here," Kunti called out, her welcoming tone inviting Aanya to take her place beside her. "I hope you are enjoying your time here in Hastinapur?"

Aanya nodded warmly, a satisfied smile gracing her lips. However, her attention soon shifted to Arjun, who had just entered the palace garden. Gliding through the illuminated paths, he exuded an ethereal radiance against the backdrop of dim lamplight. Dressed in pristine white, his every movement seemed graceful and effortless. Aanya couldn't tear her gaze away as she watched him, flower petals cascading gently upon him.

Suddenly, Aanya's breath caught in her throat as Arjun's eyes locked onto hers. Panicking, she quickly averted her gaze, averting her eyes to the ground. But to her surprise, she noticed that he was now making his way towards her. Initially, a flicker of confusion appeared on her face, but it soon melted away when Arjun approached and bent down to seek blessings from Kunti. Aanya couldn't help but watch their interaction with a gentle smile playing on her lips. It was a tender moment that revealed the depth of Arjun's respect and love for his mother.

Just as Aanya was lost in her thoughts, she felt his gaze shift towards her. Arjun's smile remained intact as he greeted her warmly, causing her heart to flutter in response.
"Aanya, there are some musicians performing over there. We should go check them," suggested Dushala with excitement evident in her voice. Aanya nodded in agreement, her curiosity piqued.

As they sauntered towards the crowd surrounding the performers, Aanya spotted Nakul and Sahdev standing nearby. With a wave of excitement, she bounded over to greet them, her enthusiasm contagious. However, as she craned her neck to meet their towering figures, a question popped out of her mouth, "How on earth are they all so ridiculously tall?"

"Rajkumari, we're not tall. You're just vertically challenged," Nakul quipped, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. Aanya turned towards him, her expression morphing into a mock sternness. "Didn't I tell you to refrain from calling me that?" she reminded him.

"So, what should we call you, Rajkumari?" Arjun chimed in with a cheeky grin, mischief gleaming in his gaze. Aanya was momentarily startled by his unexpected presence right beside her, but she quickly regained her composure. With a hint of sass, she retorted, "You know, I have a name specifically designed for moments like this."

Arjun's grin widened as he fired back, "Ah, but what was it again? Ah yes, 'No one'!"

Aanya shot him a glare and whispered, "Can't you just forget that?"

"What should I forget?" Arjun asked innocently, though the mischievous glint in his eyes betrayed his amusement.

"It was just a moment of clumsiness, it can happen to anyone. Let's not talk about it now," Aanya insisted, her glare intensifying.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Arjun shrugged playfully.

Rolling her eyes, Aanya took a step to move away from him but accidentally stepped on her lehenga. Before she could lose her balance, Arjun swiftly grabbed her hand, causing everyone around them to widen their eyes in surprise.