Chapter 24

Mandy's POV:

I looked at him for a few seconds then looked away.

"Hey..." I replied while looking down, almost uninterested.

I then heard him walk towards me. He sat on the bed beside me. He was looking at the ground for a moment then looked at me.

"H-how are you feeling?" he asked.

I looked at him. He had an apologetic look on his face. I looked down again.

"Fine...I guess..." I replied.

"I'm glad to hear that," he said.

I looked at him again.

"What about you?" I asked.

He stared at me.

"Oh...uhm...I've been miserable since...you left..." he replied.

"A-and about that..." he said while looking away.

"I-I'm really sorry for everything, Mandy..." he continued, still looking down.

Seeing him like that, made me want to cry. But I need to be strong and show him that what he did, really hurt me a lot.

"Mandy, I'm really sorry for what I did. But I want you to know that I never meant to hurt you," he said as he looked at me.

At this point, I was already tearing up.

"T-then w-why did you do that?" I sobbed.

"I..."

Lou paused then he looked down and sighed.

"Because Tuesday threatened me. She...made me do it. She told me that she would reveal my secret to everyone if I didn't break up with you..." he explained.

"S-secret? What secret?" I asked, wiping my tears.

He looked at me.

"Have you ever thought about me going to the big world or at least thought about whether or not I have a kid?" he then asked.

I shook my head.

"No. But now that you've mentioned it, what does it have to do with our situation?"

He looked down and sighed.

"Well...the truth is...I'm a prototype. And being a prototype means I am not allowed to go to the big world..." Lou revealed.

"What...?" I was shocked.

"So that means...you've never been to the big world?" I added, still in shock.

He sighed again, still looking down.

"Yeah, and it's the secret that I don't want anyone to know...But for some reason...Tuesday found out," he explained as he looked at me.

"But how can you go to the flower field and the park?" I asked.

"Well, the factory lets me go to those places but other than that...I'm not allowed to go somewhere else..." he replied.

"Oh...I see..." I looked down.

I then change my position. I was now facing the side of the bed while my hands are on the side. I was looking at the ground then Lou put his right hand on my left hand. I looked at him and he was looking at me.

"Mandy, I'm terribly, terribly sorry for everything. And I admit, at first, I wanted to flirt with you because of the bet. But...as time goes by, I started to like you for real. Yes, all the actions that I did and my feelings are fake. But it all turned out to be real," he confessed.