Chapter 22

The next day

Ox's POV:

Mandy and I are watching TV at my house. She was sitting on my bed while hugging her knees. I was sitting on a chair beside my bed. We were watching the news from perfection. It was an interview with Lou and Tuesday. They are sitting together on a sofa.

"So why did you suddenly decide to reveal your girlfriend to the public?" the woman interviewer asked.

"Well, I couldn't keep it a secret anymore. So I finally decided to reveal to everyone who my real girlfriend is! And so that everyone will know that I am no longer the playboy that they once knew," Lou replied while his left arm is around Tuesday's shoulder.

"Thank you, Lou. And you, Tuesday, how does it feel to date the most perfect doll in this institute?" the interviewer asked again.

"Oh, it felt sooo amazing! Imagine having the most talented, perfect, and handsome boyfriend! What more do you want? And I bet all the girls are jealous of me right now," she laughed.

"But how come we've never heard you two dating before?" the interviewer asked.

"Well, Lou and I decided to keep it private until we finally decided to make it public," Tuesday answered.

"But isn't Lou dating the other girl? The one with the glasses? I believe her name is Mandy."

"Oh..." Lou said.

Then he laughed for a bit.

"Her? Like I said yesterday, she was just my fake girlfriend. I only dated her for the sake of the bet," Lou continued.

Then he laughed again and Tuesday giggled. She then kissed Lou on the cheek. I had enough, so I grabbed the remote and turned the TV off. I looked at Mandy and she was sobbing.

"Oh, Mandy. I'm so sorry you had to see that," I said with droopy ears.

"You were right about him, Ox. I should've listened," she said.

"All this time I thought that...he was becoming a good person. But it turns out...it was all a lie..." she continued.

She then buried her face on her knees.

Oh, Mandy...if only you knew that Lou didn't mean all of this...

I wanted to tell her that Lou never meant to hurt her. But I figured she was too heartbroken to listen. Especially about Lou.

I then went up to her and gently rubbed her back.

"Everything's gonna be ok, Mandy," I calmly said.

For now, all I can do is comfort her.

Lou, please do something before it's too late...

Later

Lou's POV:

It was already afternoon and I was walking around the institute. Tuesday is already at her house. I then saw Mandy's house and immediately ran to it.

I hope she's home...

Thankfully, the curtains to her window were open so I looked through it. I carefully look around and she wasn't there. I sighed and backed away from her window. I then put my left hand on my forehead while looking down.

Where could she be?

I then looked up and saw the tunnel in the distance.

Of course! She must be with Ox right now...