Chapter 4

2 Days passed and Mandy still didn't attend Lou's class. Lou was getting suspicious of why Mandy haven't attended his class for the past 3 days. In his theory, Ox might have something to do with Mandy's absence since he saw them together the other night. So, just to confirm everything, he decided to talk to Mandy himself. He went to her house and knocked on the door.

Mandy's POV:

*knock* *knock* *knock*

Someone's knocking. I wonder who could that be

I went to open the door and was surprised to see...Lou?!!

Oh no...what does he want?

"Mandyyyyy, there you are," he said as if he was happy to see me.

"What do you want, Lou?" I asked with an annoyed look on my face.

"I normally don't go to my student's houses but since you've been missing my class lately, I decided to take matters into my own hands. So, is there a problem?" he asked while putting his hands together.

Oh no...how am I supposed to tell him that I'm hanging out with Ox and the other dolls at Uglyville these past few days?

"Uhm...no. Nothing's wrong." I replied, rubbing my wrist.

"Are you sure, my dear?" he's obviously not convinced.

"Yes!" I lied.

"You seem to be lying my dear. I feel like something is bothering you."

"Will you please stop calling me 'my dear'? It's weird and it's making me uncomfortable."

"Awww, don't be shy, Mandy. Everyone feels nervous whenever they're in my presence." he dramatically replied.

Is this guy really flirting with me right now?

I facepalmed. Lou then chuckled which made me really confused.

"You seem to have no idea, my dear. So I'll just tell you straight away." he came closer.

I stepped back a little.

"I like you, Mandy. That is why I came to your house so that I can make sure that everything is alright. I've never done this before to my other students but since I like you, you're an exception." he explained.

I was shocked then I shook my head.

"I...honestly...don't know what to say," I said as I fiddle with my glasses.

"I was quite shocked as well," he said.

"Yeah right! As if you really caught feelings for me, Lou. I'm sure you're just saying that so you can convince me like your exes!" I angrily said.

His eyes widened.

"Yeah, Ox told me everything about your crazy habit of dating girls and dumping them once you're bored. And if you think I'll be your next victim then you're sadly mistaken, Lou." I glared at him.

Even though he doesn't show it, I can tell that he was shocked and kinda offended but who cares? He's a jerk anyway. He then cleared his throat and I took it as his way of calming himself.

"Well, that was quite a confession you have there but I'm serious about liking you, Mandy," he said.

Wow, he really is trying his best not to say something bad to me. I crossed my arms.

"Oh yeah? Prove it!" I sarcastically said.

There's no way I'm gonna easily let this guy treat me like trash. He then took my hand and kissed it. I flinched once again.

"With pleasure," he said then winked at me.

I took my hand away. He chuckled again.

"Does that prove my confession?" he smirked.

"Oh please, anyone can tell that it was just an act," I said sarcastically.

"Well then, I have to do better next time. I'll see you around my dear." he winked again before leaving.

There won't be any next time

I immediately closed the door and stand behind it while calming myself.

"What just happened?" I asked myself.

But there is one thing I'm sure of.

I need to tell Ox...

Later at Uglyville

"He did what now?!" Ox was shocked as he listened to Mandy's story from earlier.

"I was shocked too but I know full well that he's doing that on purpose to make me fall for him," Mandy said.

"Oh boy, you better be more careful now around him. He used the same strategy to trick every girl to date him." Ox warned.

"I know, Ox. That's why I'll do my best to avoid him as much as possible from now on." Mandy said.

Ox nodded. Then come closer to Mandy.

"You're always welcome to come here especially when you don't feel safe at the institute." Ox put a hand on Mandy's shoulder.

"Thank you." Mandy smiled.

For the past few weeks, Mandy did her best to avoid Lou without him noticing. But unfortunately, Lou was clever enough to know what Mandy was doing. For example, whenever Mandy saw Lou nearby, she would immediately go the opposite way and Lou wouldn't notice. Sometimes, whenever she does that, Lou would notice her but she would already be too far away from him. Other times, Lou would glance at her and pretend that he didn't notice her. And whenever Lou did catch up to her, she would make up an excuse to not speak to him. It was a real struggle for Mandy to avoid Lou especially when she was making sure that her reason for avoiding him is not obvious. But unfortunately for her, Lou always seemed to notice. Mandy even woke up early just so she could go to Uglyville early without anyone seeing her, and so that she can easily avoid Lou without doing this or doing that. Uglyville seems to be the only reason to keep her happy and sane. And with Ox's company, she always feels at home. Because avoiding Lou on a daily basis is making her insane. Sadly, her happy days are about to be over.

Ok, so far, Lou's not around so I'm safe

Mandy thought to herself while looking out the window. She was slightly holding the curtains by using her fingers so she can hide herself. She then went outside. Not even a minute and...

"Hey, new girl!" a voice shouted.

Mandy pauses and slowly turns around to see who it is. It turns out to be the spy girls.

"Mandy, right?" Kitty asked.

"Uhm...y-yes," Mandy nervously replied.

Oh no...what do they want?

Mandy thought.

She's fully aware that these girls were Lou's so-called "friends". The girls who replaced Ox. Mandy also knows that messing with them also means trouble.

"Lou wants to see you in his office," Tuesday said, crossing her arms.

"He said you've been avoiding him that's why he wants us to come and get you ourselves instead," Lydia explained.

"And you need to come with us. Now!" Kitty ordered.

Mandy didn't know what to do. If she refuses to come with them then it would cause her more trouble. Who knows what Lou might do to her? And what if he tries to get rid of Ox as well? So with no other choice, Mandy reluctantly followed them. She just hopes that nothing bad will happen.