Chapter 19

At the flower field

Mandy's POV:

Lou and I are sitting in the flower field while still holding hands. We're watching the sunset. I looked at Lou, he was on my left. His eyes were closed. He looked more relaxed than earlier.

"You ok now, Lou?" I asked.

He opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Yes, my dear. I'm fine," he smiled.

I smiled back at him and we looked back at the sunset.

"You know, my dear, I just realize something," he said.

I looked at him.

"What's that?" I raised a brow.

He looked at me.

"I just realized that we've been dating for a while now and yet, you haven't given me any nicknames," he replied.

"O-oh, that's because I'm not used to...giving you nicknames..." I answered.

"Why not?" he asked.

"Because I don't want to and besides, what kind of nicknames should I call you?" I said.

"Hm, good point," he looked away from me and tapped his chin with his left index finger.

"Don't bother, Lou. I'm not gonna call you any nicknames. Besides, your ex-girlfriends may have already called you names that you weren't comfortable with," I was looking away from him as I said that.

"You're probably right, my dear," he said.

I looked at him again.

"It's best if you just call me by my name. Because my ex-girlfriends used to call me names that I don't like," he continued.

"See? I told you. So it's better if I only call you Lou," I said.

He just smiled at me and looked back at the sunset. I looked back at the sunset as well.

Lou and Mandy watched the sunset until it was night. They went back to perfection and as usual, Lou walked Mandy home. They said good night to each other and Lou went home.

At Lou's mansion

Lou's POV:

I was in my room while standing at the window. As usual, my hands were behind me while I was thinking.

Today, my date with Mandy was...different. I don't know if it's the fact that I'm acting weird around her or because it feels like a real date this time. I can't really tell...

I sighed then turn my gaze to the ground.

I...also...noticed that I was nervous around her earlier but when we got to the flower field, I was calm and comfortable around her. I'm really confused...

I turn my gaze back to the window.

Mandy...what are you doing to me?

The next day

Lou was watching his students in the training area. And for some reason, he was looking around as if he was waiting for someone.