Chapter 16

The next day

Mandy's POV:

I was sitting on the couch while thinking about what happened yesterday. I sighed and leaned my back on the couch.

"If I knew he would react that way, then I never should've mentioned Ox..."

And I messed up our moment too...

"I just got a boyfriend and it's not even a week, and I already messed up," I placed my hand on my forehead.

But...he's my boyfriend so it's only natural for me to tell him that, especially when it concerns him. After all, Ox was his former friend

I suddenly heard a knock on the door.

I believe that's Lou

I walked towards the door and opened it. I was met with a serious Lou. His hands were behind him.

"Can we talk?" his voice was serious.

I felt nervous.

"Yeah, sure." I forced a smile and let him in.

He sat down on the couch and crossed his arms.

"Would you like some-"

"No need for tea, my dear. I just want to talk," he cut me off, not looking at me.

He is very grumpy today.

"O-oh, ok..." I sat down beside him.

He's still crossing his arms with a grumpy look on his face, and still not looking at me.

"Lou, if this is about yesterday then I'm-"

"Stay away from him," he cut me off again.

"What?" I was shocked.

"Stay away from Ox, Mandy," he repeated.

"Lou, I already told you, I can't."

He sighed and looked at me.

"Yes you can, Mandy. You just won't."

"Why does it bother you so much?" I asked.

"Because I feel uncomfortable."

"Why?" I asked again, obviously not content with his answer.

"Because he might ruin what we have!" he finally said.

We looked at each other for a moment.

"How exactly?" I asked.

He raised a brow and was looking at me with a confused look on his face.

"Mandy, we are no longer friends, so we are basically like enemies now."

"Well, you two can talk and try to reconcile," I suggested.

"Easier said than done," he scoffed.

"Lou, please."

"Fine!" he quickly looked away, glaring.

I was taken aback.

"Go ahead. Tell him about us!" he angrily said.

Then he looked at me angrily.

"But if he refuses to accept our relationship, then I'll talk to him myself!" he continued.

I just stared at him for a few seconds and looked down. I didn't want to argue with him any further, so I just kept quiet. He then stand up and went straight to the door. He angrily pulled it open and then stopped. His angry face switched into a calm one. He sighed and looked at me.