Chapter 6

AUTHOR: Hey everyone, as you may notice, I'm not writing any author's note in any chapter. Because I don't want to interrupt your reading and I know some of you may not want to read some author's note anyway. Besides, you folks are here for the story, not for some author's note, right? Unless of course, it's important. And because there's nothing much to say, so yeah. But if you ever have any questions regarding my fanfics or the story itself, feel free to ask me in the comments. That's all and I hope you all enjoy :)

Mandy's POV:

Great. Just great. I'm supposed to be avoiding Lou as much as possible but instead, I did the complete opposite. Way to go, Mandy. But then again, he's the one who made me do it. Why is he so persistent? There are a lot of girls out there that he could flirt with, why does it have to be me? What you are is what you attract but why am I attracting him? I'm not perfect. Can't he tell by these glasses?

I sighed.

"Oh well...if I don't do what he says then I wouldn't get to talk to Ox," I told myself.

I stand up from my bed and slowly walked to the door. I then slowly put my hand on the doorknob, almost touching it.

Do I even want to go out at this point?

I then look behind me, looking around at my home.

Well, there's nothing much to do here anyway. So I might as well go to Uglyville as usual. Plus that place is so much more fun than staying here at home. I then look back at the doorknob and open the door. And surprise, surprise, Lou is the first person that I saw.

"Good morning beautiful," Lou said with a huge smile on his face.

"Oh, it's you," I frowned.

"Aw, why the long face my dear? Here, I have something that may cheer you up," he then handed me the flowers that he's been hiding from his hand at the back.

"Uhm...thanks. But I don't need it," I said as I walked past him.

He then grabbed my arm.

"Ah, ah, ah, remember our deal? You can't avoid me, otherwise, you want Ox to get involved in this. And besides, it's very rude to refuse flowers from someone." he explained.

Urggghhh! Fine!

I snatched the flowers from his hand and then walked away.

Why does he have to ruin my day?

At Uglyville

"I'm really sorry about that, Mandy. It's my fault, I never should've approached you in the first place. Now Lou is making your life miserable." Ox apologize as his ears went down.

"No, Ox. Don't apologize. It's not your fault but Lou's. He's the one who got you involved in this," I said while I put a hand on Ox's shoulder.

He replied with a sad smile.

"Gosh, why does he have to make my life miserable!" I groan as I put my hands on my face.

"Maybe I should talk to him about this," Ox suggested.

I immediately refuse.

"No! That would be worse, especially when you two are no longer friends. It might piss Lou even more and who knows what he might do to you," I said, waving my hands in front of him. 

"But Mandy, I can't just stand here and do nothing. Especially when you're suffering because I got involved!"

I put my hands on his shoulders.

"It's ok, Ox. I appreciate your concern. This is between me and Lou. I'll be fine...eventually," I reassured him.

He took a deep sigh.

"Ok, if you say so. But please, don't ever hesitate to ask for help, ok?"

"I will, Ox. Thank you," I smiled.

Mandy enjoyed her time at Uglyville until it was afternoon. She said goodbye to Ox and the others before walking back to the tunnel. When she got home, Lou was leaning at her door while his arms are crossed. He then looked at her with a serious face.

"What do you want now?" Mandy said, annoyed.

"Your attention, obviously," Lou replied.

"That was straightforward." Mandy put a hand on her hip.

"First day of our deal and yet, you're already avoiding me," Lou said as he walks closer to Mandy.

Mandy rolled her eyes.

"Ok, first of all, I'm not avoiding you. I was bored so I went to Uglyville to have some fun. Second, you're not my father, so don't tell me what to do," Mandy argued.

"I may not but I'm your leader. Which means I still get to tell you what to do!"

"Pfft, yeah right..." Mandy scoffed.

"You little-"

Lou pause as there were dolls who are staring at them.

He then cleared his throat.

"Everyone, please mind your own business. This is a matter between two dolls only," he said to the dolls.

He then grabbed Mandy's wrist and led her somewhere private.

"Huh, not so perfect, aren't you Lou?" Mandy smirked.

"Be quiet!"

"If I were you, I would fix that attitude of yours before anyone suspects any imperfections towards you. Oh, wait, never mind. Your previous girlfriends probably told the others already how terrible of a person you are." 

Lou gave Mandy the death stare.

"Unless of course, you threatened them to be quiet. Just like how you threatened me." Mandy continued.

Lou slammed his right hand at the wall near Mandy. His face is full of anger and he was breathing aggressively. He then took a deep breath and brought his face closer to her.

"You're lucky I like you, otherwise, I would've hit you by now, my dear," he said in a deep voice.

He then walked away from Mandy and put his hands in his pockets.

Mandy sighed in relief.

"What a jerk!"

Lou's POV:

Dang it! Why did I do that? Now it's gonna be a lot harder for me to pursue her

I was walking back to my mansion while thinking of a plan.

No matter, I'll just think of a plan

As I got home, I quickly took a clipboard and write down my plan.

"Ok, so Plan A: Pursue Mandy by doing simple things. Give her flowers, compliment her, be nice to her, etc. Plan B: Take her to my favorite spot. Plan C: Sing a song for her," I said as I wrote down my plan.

I wrote and wrote until finally, I was done.

Perfect