Chapter 9

A few days later

Lou's POV:

I was sitting in my chair at my office while waiting for the next report. I was looking down at my table while my chin rested above the back of my right hand. My left hand is just resting on the table. I then heard the door open and the girls entered.

"So...how is Mandy doing?" I asked as I was standing up in my chair.

"Just like usual, she just locked herself in the house," Kitty replied.

I then walked in front of the table and lean against it. I crossed my arms.

"Anything else?" I asked once again.

"Nothing much," Lydia said.

"That's all we have for now," Tuesday added.

Hm, this seems to be the perfect time to put plan B into action

I closed my eyes and then smirked.

"Oh, well, thank you for your help, girls. But I think I'm gonna take this one," I said, walking past them.

"Are you sure?" Tuesday asked, turning to me.

I stopped in my tracks and turn to face her.

"Yes."

Then I continued to walk out of the office.

At Mandy's house

Mandy's POV:

I was sitting on the sofa while reading a book. It's been a few days since the incident happened and since I locked myself in this house. It's getting more and more boring here. But despite all of that, my arm is getting better. I rested my back on the sofa. Then I sighed.

I know Lou isn't the one punishing me right now. But I feel like I'm being punished by not seeing Uglyville and Ox...

Speaking of Ox, I wonder how he's doing...

I suddenly heard a knock on my door. I put down the book and went to open the door. When I opened it, I saw Lou yet again.

"Hello, Mandy. How have you been doing?" he asked with a smile.

"Uhm...I honestly don't know..." I replied while slightly looking away from him.

"I heard from the girls that you did nothing but lock yourself up," he said.

I looked at him.

"Are they spying on me?!"

"What?! No, no, no, they happened to see you every time they would patrol around the institute," he explained.

Uhm...ok? Not sure if I should believe that

"But anyway, I'm not here to have another fight or argument with you," he said.

"Uh, ok? Then what?" I crossed my arms.

He stands up straight and puts his hands together.

"I might have an idea on how to cheer you up," he said.

"You said that last time," I frowned.

"Well, this time is different. So if you please, follow me," he then turn around and walked forward.

I have my doubts about him but I really don't have anything to do anyway, so...I might as well just follow him...

Mandy followed Lou and she was surprised that he led her to the portal.