69

[3RD POV]

The rain kept pouring, the fogs are getting thicker. Habang maraming ganap sa labas ng academy, hindi rin nawawala ang sunod-sunod na kalabog sa loob. Shattered glasses and windows, broken furniture and rooms, hallway full of blood and bodies.

One of the rooms, hidden, a woman is guarding a door, alert.

Scarlet, eyes on fire, is guarding the door with her whole life. Behind her is a bed where a guy without consciousness is lying. Zeldrick.

Mabigat ang paghinga ni Scarlet, walang kaalam-alam sa mga nangyayari pero alerto dahil sa mga presensya niyang naramdaman. She can't leave without Zeldrick who's not in the good condition to move.

He suffers from PTSD. She knew that it's not the right time for him to be in a battle. For that reason, she will protect him with her life. Fortunately, their room— for some reason, was quiet. Wala pang dumadaan o nakapapasok na kung sino.

'Nakapagtataka.' Scarlet thought. She think it's too suspicious. She's not aware, in front of a door, five rooms away from them, is a cousin of hers.

Breathing heavily, Elias, is on the verge of collapsing. In front of him are dozens of gifteds, some are dead, some are pretty well.

Walang tigil ang pagdurugo ng noo, hindi na maigalaw ang kaliwang kamay, nakapikit ang kanang mata, pilit pa ring tinatayo ni Elias ang sarili niya.

"Apologies, but I can't let you bother my little cousin," he said. Looking at the unending crowd in front of him. He knew that he have a job. It's not like he doesn't trust Scarlet to defend herself.

But he's thinking that this is his atonement. For killing his other cousin. After all, for a Portugal, family, is family.

"So . . ." He fixed himself, even though his eyesight is getting blurry. "Play with me for a while, hm?"

On the other side of the academy, no one dared to enter the left wing. Who would? With the hallway full of body parts. Insides splattered, the rug became one with the pool of blood. Walang nagkamali, walang naglakas loob.

Maririnig pa lang sa pasilyo ang boses ng isang babaeng kumakanta.

Inside the clinic, there is a woman humming, gently patting the person in front of her who's unconscious in bed.

"Hmmm~ hmmm~

"Heal quickly and wake up soon, my loving brother," ani Hemera ng pakanta. "I want you to watch me . . . watch me blow up the people who did this to you. . ." She stared at nowhere.

Bilog na bilog ang mga mata kahit walang nakikita. Pero para sa kaniya, nakatatak sa isipan niya ang mga dapat niyang balikan.

"No one can hurt my brother. Not even a God."

At the same moment, back outside, Barabbas can't stop smirking. Katatalsik lang ni Lor mula sa harapan niya na balak siyang unahin.

'Tanga.' Napag-isip-isip niya. Kilalang-kilala niya sa Lor. Alam niyang magiging malapit ang laban kapag nagtapat silang dalawa, pero aanuhin niya ang dami ng mga kasama niya kung hindi niya 'to gagamitin.

There's no such thing as being fair in a war. One should leave their morals before stepping in to a battlefield.

Sinenyasan ni Barabbas ang isa sa mga kasama niya. "Puntahan niyo, dalhin niyo sa 'kin ang ulo," aniya, parang sigurado na patay na si Lor.

He chuckled. Another successful mission, he thought.

Until it suddenly became quiet. Too quiet.

The way Barabbas smirk faded when the fog was replaced by blue light— blue fire.