42

[3RD POV]

The night is young. 

In the middle of a forest where the trees are dead, there's a group of gifteds. Malayo ang pagitan sa isa't isa, pero iisa lang ang destinasyon. The King is behind, to protect the troop, the Queen is in front, to lead them.

Joker, with Zeke, and Clover are in the middle, riding the carriage.

They're moving in their pace, until the silent and peaceful ride... was disturbed.

When the King, Keo, who was supposed to be behind, almost a kilometer away from the front, was suddenly in front, literally feet away from the Queen, Koa, is.

Well, he didn't actually went in front. Just a part of him— his head.

Ang dahilan kung bakit agad nalaman ni Koa ang pagkawala ng kapatid niya sa kabila ng pagitan ng layo nila sa isa't isa, ay ang paghagis ng kung sino ng ulo nito sa harapan niya.

She doesn't know what she's supposed to be afraid of.

Is it the fact that her brother died?

Is it the fact that her brother, who's an expert in the battle field, suddenly died without them noticing?

Or is it the fact... that despite being almost a kilometer away, someone... someone just casually threw his head in front of her?

Halo-halo ang pakiramdam na namuo sa kaniya, takot, diri, lungkot, galit. Nagsisimula siyang manginig, hindi alam ang gagawin.

Sa parehong pagkakataon, sa halos isang kilometro ang layo sa kanila, isang katawan ng lalaking walang ulo ang nakahilata. Sa taas nito, ay isang babaeng kaswal na nakaupo.

Her red hair is shining under the moonlight, flowing with the wind. With some spatter of blood on her face, she's grinning, casually wiping it off with her arm.

Sa likod niya ay isang lalaking may malamig na ekspresyon, walang ganang malayo ang tingin.

"I think you threw it too far away..." sambit ni Yadiel habang tinatanaw ang direksyon kung saan hinagis ng kasama niya ang ulo ng lalaking inuupan nito ngayon.

"Oh come on, I never missed." With a psychotic look on her face, she doesn't look like a teacher at all. Xilah really resembles... her brother Cross.

She then looked at the dead body she's sitting. "This one is kinda tough, 'ight?" she scoffed.

Yadiel winced, glancing at her. "After you took off his head just about 2 minutes after you two faced?"

Xilah chuckled with what he said. "The fact that he lasted 2 minutes was good enough."

Napaismid ang kasama niya sa narinig. Bago muling mapunta ang tingin sa malayo, parang may tinatanaw.

"They're coming now... and they're quite good."

"Hmmm, scared?"

Nanatiling walang buhay ang mga mata ni Yadiel. "Nah, not really... but there's going to be a pain among them."

Naging malayo na rin ang tingin ni Xilah, alam kung sino ang tinutukoy ng kasama niya. "That must be the leader, huh? Their boss? A Diener." Napatayo na rin siya at pinagpagan ang sarili. "Not even you, would survive facing that, right Yady?"

Hindi maipinta ang mukha ni Yadiel sa narinig. "The fuck? It will be hard, but I'll win. And don't call me Yady," giit niya.

Natawa ang pinsan niya sa narinig. Sa pagitan ng tangkad nila, nagawa pa nitong abutin ang ulo niya at guluhin ang buhok niya.