46

[3RD POV]

The night is still young.

In the middle of a forest where the trees are dead, there's a group of gifteds... who are now also dead.

At some part of the forest, where a huge lycan was seen just moments ago... a woman can be seen now, on a top of a huge man, almost double of her size. As if her shoulder isn't injured and she has a slash on her chest, she can still move freely.

Hindi mawala ang ngisi niya sa labi, habang iniisa-isa ang mga daliri sa kamay at paa ng lalaki... na binabali niya.

A maniac, indeed. 

Just like her little brother, who's also a psychopath.

I guess, it runs through the blood. Saan nga naman magmamana ang nakababata niyang kapatid?

Xilah is not on her usual self at the moment... or should I say, this is her true nature? After hiding it for more than a decade—burying it and leaving it in the past, it's starting to come back now.

For what reason?

It's because Clover made her remember something.

And it's not the fact that she's the criminal behind the genocide years ago.

It's not the fact that she killed innocent people.

It's something... more than that.

The real reason why she did that... the real reason why she left the battle field.

"You wanted to see this part of me, right?" Still has a smirk on her face, she continued breaking Clover's fingers.

He's almost dead. Breathing heavily, body full of holes and injuries, bleeding. Hindi na niya magawa pang makita nang maayos ang babaeng kaharap niya. Tuluyan ng nanlalabo ang kaniyang mga mata at anong oras man, tuluyan na siyang pipikit.

But Xilah won't stop there. Despite seeing an almost dead man in front of her... she still wants to continue, she still wants to hurt him— she wants him to completely suffer.

"Fucker, this is what-"

"What a sight."

Hindi na naituloy ni Xilah ang sasabihin niya nang makarinig ng pamilyar na boses.

Clover, who's already at the brink of death, suddenly had hope, after also hearing a familiar voice. Kasabay ni Xilah, kahit na nahihirapan, nagawa niyang lumingon sa direksyon kung saan nanggaling ang boses.

There, her golden hair shining under the moonlight, eyes staring blankly, with dark circles under them, smiling softly, Joker showed an innocent look.

Nagbago ang ekspresyon ni Xilah, nawalan ng gana. Kaswal siyang umalis sa pagkakaupo sa katawan ni Clover at tumayo.

"Where's the student?" she asked, eyes on the person who just came.

Clover was dumbfounded. The hope he had seconds ago, immediately vanished.

Joker smiled, together with her eyes. "Together with the academy's number 2," deretsong sagot niya.

"I see, then you're both still alive." Bumaba ang tingin ni Xilah sa lalaki, inangat ang kamao. "Then, our task is done. I have to-"

"Before that," pagputol ni Joker. "Can you give me the honors?"

Hindi kaagad nakasagot si Xilah sa sinabi niya, naningkit ang mga mata. She didn't expected it.

The little kid walked towards them, still has a smile on her face. "You can watch us, to make sure that I'll kill him," dagdag niya.

Tinignan siya ni Xilah ng ilang segundo, bago walang gana siyang dinaanan. "Suit yourself."

Walang ekspresyon niyang dinaanan ang bata. Nakangiting nakasunod ang mga mata ni Joker sa kaniya. Nang tuluyan siyang makadaan ay napunta na ang lahat ng atensyon at ang tingin ni Joker sa lalaking nakahilata sa lupa, halos hindi na makilala.

Her smile turned into a grin.

"Heyah, Clover."

He clenched his fist and jaw. If he just could, he would kill the kid in front of him in an instant. Literal na lumabas ang mga ugat ni Clover sa leeg nang marinig ang pagtawag sa kaniya ng kaharap.

"Y-You fucking psychotic BITCH!" Sobrang diin at malalim ang bawat salitang binitawan niya.

Rather than being intimidated, Joker still managed to laugh.

"Aww, thank you," she answered, touched.

Mas lalong kumulo ang dugo ni Clover sa naging sagot niya.

"Y-You FUCKING TRAITOR! YOU TRICKED ME!"

Joker sat next to him, still has a grin on her face.

"Aww, come on. I'm just helping a friend." She had a smug look on her face. "You also wanted to see it too, right? Venus true personality."

"B-Bitch! You knew that she's not traumatized! It's not her weakness!"

Sumalumbaba si Joker sa tuhod niya at napanguso. "Come on, it's just a hunch. A hunch. I just miscalculated... I never lie."

Clover gritted his teeth, pushing himself to move, just so he can hit the person in front of him just once. But still, it has no use.

"Fucker... you're betraying Andina? You?! A motherfucker like you?!" Hindi maipinta ang mukha ni Clover, pilit na pinoproseso ang mga nangyayari.

If he were asked, who's the craziest and wicked person he knows... it's definitely not Andina.

It's Joker.

"You're calling me too harsh names, are you really that mad that I gave you a wrong information?" Their eyes met. Clover felt an unsettling feeling, seeing the look on Joker's face.

"After all the years we've been working together... you should know by now, right, Clover?" Tumayo mula sa pagkakaupo si Joker.

Naglabas siya ng kung ano sa loob ng lab coat niya na tuluyang nagpalumo at nagpawala ng pag-asa ni Clover.

A golden gun with a clock.

It's the gun he lent her... to protect herself. Only for her to use it against him.

"You should never trust the Joker."

Tinututok ni Joker ang nguso ng baril sa noo ni Clover.

Hindi nito nagawang makasagot kaagad. He already accepted his fate... his fate that at this very moment.

He will die.

Joker showed a smirk. Eyes looking down. "Don't worry, we'll meet at hell soon."

"But you'll meet Andina there first."

Clover met her eyes, full of despair.

For the last time, he let out some words. Not really hoping that it will change Joker's mind, but to remind her.

"You think that you can get away with this?" At his last moments, he managed to smirk. "What will happen if they found out what you did?"

For a second, just for a second, Joker faltered. Her expression darkened.

"What will happened if they found out that-"

His words were cut by a loud shot. With the gun pointed at his head, the bullet pierced through his skull and brain.

Joker didn't even blinked when the blood splattered at her face. She stared at the smoking gun, and the body in front of her.

The body of the person she worked with for a long time. But there's not a little, just a little bit of conscience she's feeling at this moment. Not even emotions.

She then showed a sinister smile. Binaba niya ang kamay niyang may hawak na baril.

As if she's talking to Clover who's already dead. She answered...

"Thanks for the concern... but..."

"They will never know."

CHAPTER 46
Retrieve Joker: Successful