Chapter 34 - Study Group

Because some of the tennis team members have been failing their exams lately, Siyang decided that he needed to start reprimanding them.

So after practice, he made an announcement to the team that from now on, they, mainly the failing ones, would have to work hard on both tennis and their classes if they wanted to keep playing tennis.

"If I catch any of you working on something that isn't tennis or class related, you will be punished." He gave a stern look to each of his teammates, his gaze lingering on Jiale for a moment, before continuing.

"And if you fail a test again, you won't be participating in the next match. Tennis is important, but your grades are a priority as well," he finished off, and then dismissed the team.

As soon as Siyang walked away, Jiale turned to Dachi, clutching his partner's shoulder. "Dachi you have to help me," he desperately pleaded.

Jiale was failing a good number of his classes right now and was quite frankly screwed. There was pretty much no way he wouldn't fail a test in any of his classes.

Zhuo Zhi from behind snorted. "Maybe this will help motivate you to actually study for once."

Jiale scrunched his face at the guy. Lucky Zhuo Zhi, a natural genius. That guy never failed at anything, probably got 100s on everything too, that overachiever.

Dachi drew Jiale's attention back to him with a light shoulder pat. "You'll be alright, I can help you study," he reassured Jiale with a small smile.

Qiao Chen swung his head at this. "Wait can you help me too, please Dachi?" He begged the man.

Lu Xia also looked at Dachi, interested in his response. He was failing basically all of his classes as well, other than English, and although he refused to admit it, he really needed some extra help too.

Meanwhile Baiyang awkwardly shuffled his feet, also waiting for Dachi's reply.

Dachi looked around at his teammates and awkwardly smiled. "Sure! I think we could hold a study group together, so that we can all help each other," he kindly offered.

"Thank you thank you thank you Dachi!!" Jiale slung his arm around Dachi's neck happily, extremely grateful to have at least one smart guy to help him.

Qiao Chen nodded eagerly while Lu Xia and Baiyang subtly sighed in relief.

"Um does anyone know a place where we could go though?" Dachi asked. A restaurant would be too distracting, so that was out of the question, and the library was too cramped. Plus it was closed during after school hours.

Qiao Chen enthusiastically raised his hand, shaking it a bit. "Oh I know, we could go to Lu Xia's house! I went there before and his house is huge!"

After a quick confirmation from Lu Xia and a few nods in agreement, it was settled that the group would go to Lu Xia's house the next day.

Zhuo Zhi took out his phone to text Zhihao.

Zhuo Zhi:
You failed your math test again didn't you.

Zhihao responded almost immediately.

Stalker:
nooooo, why do you say that?