Chapter 8

(The kitchen is above.)
~Evangeline's POV~

I sat at the table eating breakfast. Which was toast crunch cereal, orange juice, and two pieces of toast. I quietly ate as I heard stomps come down the stairs. I looked up to see Callum jump off the third from last step which made a loud thump noise.

"Hey sis! Morning!" He said walking up to me and kissed me on the cheek. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"What do you want Callum?" I asked turning around in my bar stool and stared at him. He smiled sweetly.

"Do I need something to be nice to my little sister?!?" He asked and I gave him the really look. He sent it right back but it was quickly replaced with a fake look of hurt.

"Aww come on Vanny! Lighten up it is just one little favor!" He said loudly I sighed turning the stool around again and he came and sat in the stool next to me.

"What is this 'little favor'?" I asked using air quotes. He shrugged.

"I need a ride to school." He said and I smiled. I hadnt been to school for three days. I really didnt want to see Jonathan or Andrew.

"Sure!" I said sarcastically and jumped out of my stool. I walked over to the sink and set my bowl and spoon in it. I rinsed them off and ran up stairs to get ready for school.

I grabbed a pair of dark skinny jeans and I black tank top. Over the tank I put on a shirt that said 'We up all night'. I put my spiky black ten-i-shoes on too. I went to the bathroom and put some mascara and eye liner on. Ran the comb through my wavy brown hair putting it in a pony tale.

I walked out of the bathroom, grabbed my black messenger bag, and through it over my shoulder. I stomped down the stairs to see my mom.

"Hey mom!" I said giving her a kiss on the cheek. She smiled at me. I always thought she was very beautiful. She wasn't my real mom, she was my aunt who lived two states away but after my parents died our parents didn't mark her as a family member so she had to adopt us to have us stay with her.

After a few months me and Cal started to call her mom and her 2 month old baby our brother. Me and Cal never lost sight of our parents but I loved my mom, she saved us when we needed her the most and she cares.

"Morning hun. How did you sleep?" She asked as she made her lunch. I smiled sweetly at her.

"Great!" I lied. I was tossing and turning all night. She was forcing me to go to school today.

"Good." She said putting her made sandwich in a bag. I sighed and opened the large fridge that took up a whole wall. I shifted stuff around tell I found a apple juice. Which was my little brothers but I didn't care.

"Bye mom!" I yelled as I walked down the hall to the front door. I grabbed my keys and headed out the door.

"Bye hun! Have a good day!" She yelled before the front door slammed shut. I looked up from the steps and saw Cal leaning against my Black Jeep. He saw me and smiled.

"Hurry up Vanny! Or will be late!" He said as I unlocked the car. He climbed in as I went around the front of it and got in. Cal buckled as I sighed and started the car. This will be a long day. Cal looked at me and shook his head.

"You really need to get that belt fixed Vanny." My radio turned on and 'Talk Dirty To Me' By Jason Derulo came on. Cal reached over and turned it up. He started to dance and I looked at him for less then a second. When I looked on the road there was a big black wolf. I swerved the car making it go out of control. Then it was all a blur before my eyes.

~No ones POV~

The car swerved then went out of control. The car did three flips. Metal,glass,and plastic flew everywhere. The car had finally stopped rolling and was upside down in a ditch. The front window was broken open. Cal was upside with his buckle holding him in. His nose was bleeding and his face was cut up. He was breathing.

Vanny went out the window and now laid in front of the car not moving. Her face was bloody and scratched up and her leg was bent in an awkward position. Her skin was pale. Her brown hair clung to her face. The air around them was smoky and a fire started in the back of the car. Cal started to move. He opened his eyes to see  a blur of distruction. He looked over to see Vanny missing.

He unbuckled his seatbelt and hit the celling with a loud thump. He got up and climbed out the front window, then he saw Vanny's unconscious body. He ran to her side and shook her but she didn't move.

He screamed at her, she still didn't respond. He started to cry but a car turned the corner and he ran out into the street yelling for help. The car stopped and a middle aged lady ran out to him in her suite.

He talked fastly to her and she nodded once or twice then she took out her cell and started to yell in it. About 10 minutes later an ambulance arrived. It took Vanny inside on a stretcher and Cal went in normally.

He held onto Vanny's hand then he brought her hand to his lips as he sobbed. They closed the doors and started the ambulance. He stroked her hand with his thumb.

"Its gonna be okay Vanny. I promise. I am gonna call mom and tell her what happened and to meet us at the hospitle." He said through tears as Vanny still didn't move. They reached the hospital and the medics took her to the emergency room. Cal ran to the phone.

"Mom!" He yelled into the phone. Clothing onto it as if it were his only life savor.

"Hun whats wrong?!?" His mom asked as he began to sob into the phone.

"Me and Vanny got in a wreak and Vanny's seatbelt has been broken so she got thrown out of the car! Mom she wasnt moving!" He cried into the phone. Through the phone his mom cry out. You could hear rustling and a door slamming and gasps.

"I will pick up Max and be there soon." She said and hung up. The medics grabbed him and took him into a room to get cheeked. About 30 minutes later Ellen (Vanny and Cals mom) came in with a little boy about the age of five.

He had dark brown hair and dark blue eyes. He wore a blue dinosaur shirt and blue jeans. She hurried to the front desk when Cal came out he ran to her. She turned to see him and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"We're Venny?" Max asked after a minute. Ellen turned to look at him she had tears in her eyes.

"With the doctors." She said softly getting on her knees so she could look him in the eyes.

"Will she b-bve okeay?" He asked and Ellen let out a little cry. She cupped his cheek and stroked his face with her thumb.

"I donno baby. I donno." She said softly. He hugged her tightly and she hugged back.

-Time Lapse-

They sat in the waiting room about five hours sense the accident. A doctor came out.

"The Strikers?!?" He yelled and they bolted up right.

"Yes?!?" Ellen and Cal said at once. The doctor looked at them.

"Evangeline is in a coma. She broke her leg and some ribs. She was bleeding internally but we got it to stop." He said strongly Ellen let out a sob and she buried her face in Cals chest.

"Can we see her?" Cal asked hurried he looked tired but he wanted to see his sister. The doctor nodded and pointed to the door with his pen.

"Yes. She is in room 208." He said and left. They ran to the room the see Vanny unconscious in the bed with a machine giving her air. She looked utterly horrible. She was pale and in bandages. They ran to the bed, Ellen held one hand and Cal held the other while Max stood next to her and whispered.

------------------------------------------

Authors Note

Heyo! I know know oh whats gonna happen to vanny! Right? Well you will see! I have decided to start updating two chapters at a time! Sorry it might take awhile brain is so not working with me sense school ended but I will update as soon as possible!!

Love YOUR Crazy Author,
ClaryFray4372