Then There Were Two

The scouts were going on their first operation with the new recruits and Erwin had something to say to Lando so he walked over to him.

Lando raised an eyebrow at Erwin walking toward him; he really didn't want to run errands for him right now.

"Lando," Erwin said.

"Yes?" Lando said.

"Is what happened in Trost true?" Erwin asked.

"Depends on what you're looking for," Lando said.

"About you killing over 30 Titans." Erwin clarified.

"I think so," Lando said.

"I asked if it's true or not," Erwin said.

Lando sighed. "It's true."

"Then you'll be with the support squad until we leave the old city then you'll regroup with Levi squad," Erwin said.

"Why Levi squad?" Lando asked. "Why not signaling rows?"

"Because we need someone Eren is at least comfortable with and is skilled enough to not be a hindrance to Levi squad," Erwin stated.

"Why not Mikasa? She is capable." Lando said.

"Because she is a wildcard if Eren gets put in danger," Erwin said.

"She would ignore orders and put everyone else in danger if it meant keeping Eren safe," Lando said.

"Exactly," Erwin said. "You have your orders."

Erwin then walked away leaving a happy Lando but not that he would show it, he got to be in a squad with his dad and protect him if anything happened. Even though his dad is humanity's best.

Hours later.

The scouts were on their horses getting ready for the operation outside the gate. Lando had his position with the support squad. Everyone was waiting for the gate to open and then it did.

"Forward!" Erwin yelled. "Now commencing the 57th Exterior Scouting Mission! Move out!"

The scouts charged out of the city.

Lando was with the support squad he was sent to the left of the city and there was only one Titan there, so he hooked onto a building getting behind it before killing it.

"They really did lure almost all of the Titans away." Lando thought of making his way back toward the other scouts.

With the Scouts, they were riding through the old city when Hange noticed a Titan approaching that was fat.

"10-meter Titan ahead, approaching from the left! I'm extremely curious to know what's inside its stomach! But I'll let the support squad handle it!" Hange yelled.

Two soldiers from the support squad went to kill the Titan as all of the Scouts watched them get to work, one distracted the other while the other one came through and sliced its nape but it wasn't deep enough to kill it. Then the Scouts watched a spinning blur fly toward the Titan slicing its nape, killing it.

"Commander Erwin!" Hange yelled. "Why is Levi with the support squad?!"

"That isn't Levi," Erwin said.

Hange looked over to see Lando standing on the Titans corpse before he used his ODM to fly away.

"That was that new kid that killed 30 Titans during Trost right?" Hange asked.

"Yes it is," Erwin said.

Lando was supposed to regroup with Levi squad now so he took off and found his horse Hachiman, then he took off toward Levi squad.