A Realization

It was a gloomy day which is especially something considering it's the Underground. Kenny and Lando were at the graveyard; they had just buried Ophelia and Joyce; only 2 people were at their funeral. Lando hasn't said a thing the whole day, but as the two were walking to a tavern Kenny asked.

"You ok squirt?"

"It's just... it's tough to deal with it, I think after their funeral I've accepted it but I think I may have changed that night." Lando said

Kenny didn't say anything but thought " Anybody would've changed after that night." The two of them walked into a tavern Kenny kept the boy behind him so people wouldn't see his face.

Kenny rented a room for the two of them, they got into the room before Kenny asked. " Would

people recognize your face?"

Lando thought about it for a moment. " Yes people, my mom's doctor's office was quite popular."

Kenny sighed, " Ok kid stay here i'll be right back I gotta go get you some things."

Lando only nodded.

Kenny walked through the tavern, he went outside and started walking around looking for something. He eventually found what he was looking for. It was a black mask that would wrap around Lando's face like a scarf, he got it but that wouldn't do if the boy is going to be around Kenny he needed to look the part. Kenny continued his search until he found a clothing store, he went inside and found what he was looking for: an all black trench coat that would fit the runt. He went to buy it but also found an all black cowboy hat just like his, so of course he bought it.

Lando was all alone in a tavern room thinking he just got left to fend for himself, his mom and aunt were dead then a random man came by saying he knew his dad.... Wait that was it Kenny knew his dad, maybe his dad can take care of him now or at least see me. He was lost in his thoughts when Kenny walked into the room to see the little boy staring off into space.

"Santa came early this year runt." Kenny shares

Lando looked up at him in shock he actually came back. "Uh, you do know who Santa is right?" Kenny asked

" I didn't think you would come back" Lando said

" Don't know why I did but I'm here anyway" Kenny spoke

"Here" Kenny said, throwing his recently purchased goods to Lando.

"Why is it all black?" Lando asked

"Presentation, I'm not going to stop my life to take care of a kid, that's why I am a grandpa, not a father. I'm going to take on jobs and do the stuff I normally do so the way I see it you have two options. You can come with me when I do that stuff but that means danger and you could very well die or stay here and I will check in on you and teach you what you need to know, but if you pick that option I might be gone for months at a time."

Lando thought about it because he didn't want to be left alone but dying does not sound fun.

"What is it going to be kid?" Kenny asked

" Where is my dad right now? " Lando responded

"In the Survey Corps." Kenny said

"How do I join that?" Lando asked

"You can enlist for the military at the age of 12." Kenny announces.

"How about I stay with you until I turn 12 then I enlist in the military to try to find my father." Lando offered.

Kenny smiled, " You got a deal."

Lando nodded before grabbing his new clothes and walking into the bathroom to change. A few minutes later he came out wearing his new outfit.

Kenny started laughing hysterically.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" Lando asked

"No kid, it's just that you're so small you look the opposite of scary." Kenny said to the boy

Lando sighed " How do I become scary looking then?"

"Well kid I would say reputation more than anything if people look at you and know your reputation they will not mess with you." Kenny said

Lando hit a realization " I... I get it now, if I had a scary reputation then my mom and Auntie Joyce would be alive right now... the bad men wouldn't have messed with us."

"What is the scariest thing you know" Lando asked Kenny

"Hmmmm... I would say monsters." Kenny replied

"Then if I became a monster no more of my family will die.... Grandpa, will you turn me into a monster?" Lando asked the old man

Kenny was beaming at the young boy " I never thought you would ask."

" I will not let any more of my family die, I don't care what I have to do to meet my father, I don't care what I have to sacrifice, I will meet him." Lando thought

I watched Oshi No Ko I give it a 8/10

End Of Chapter 8.