One Little Job

Ophelia has been hanging around with Levi Farlan and Isabel for a few months now they have become pretty close in that short amount of time. Even Levi was coming around, Ophliea was happy that she finally had people to care about, and people that care about her

But at the moment that was the least of her worries, because she somehow had to tell Levi that she was pregnant with his child, but it could be put off for some other time right?

Ophelia was sitting inside the gang's hideaway house on the couch when Levi, Farlan, and Isabel walked in. Ophelia noticed that they looked stressed.

"Jeez, you guys are looking stressed what happened out there?" Ophelia says

"New job, it looks like it's going to be rough." Levi says

"Rough?! We have to take a hostage!" Isabel fires back.

"Why didn't you just decline the job, you guys? Is the reward that good?" Ophelia questions.

"He already paid the deposit for it so we didn't really have a choice, and we also..." Levi was saying before Farlan cuts in " Us three will also get citizenship above ground."

Ophelia whipped her head over and stared at Farlan wide eyed. "You guys will get citizenship? Why would someone that powerful hire a bunch of Underground thieves to kidnap a hostage? Wouldn't they get the MPs to do it?"

"Who knows but this is a big opportunity for us." Levi says flatly

"Yeah but what about Ophelia? She won't get citizenship, it will be just us she will get left behind." Isabel says

Ophelia was now panicking a little; she would lose her friends if they complete the hostage job, there was a high chance they would knowing them. Then there is her and Levis's child whom she hasn't told him about. It isn't about her though this was their chance to get out of the Underground she was not going to try to drag them down if it meant they could get out she will try to get their child to him up on the surface. It will crush her to send her kid away from her but if it meant he wouldn't grow up here any price was worth it.

"I'll be ok this is your chance to get out of here your opportunity to finally see beyond this place." Ophelia says.

"No, we won't leave you behind, we will get you out of here too." Isabel shares.

"Well, complete the job and get citizenship..." Levi was trying to say before Isabel cuts him off "You're just going to leave Ophelia here?! We can't just leave her behind." Isabel yells out

"I agree with Isabel. I don't think I can leave her behind in good conscience." Farlan said

"When did I say anything about leaving her behind? We will complete the job and get citizenship then we will focus on getting her out." Levi declares

Ophelia couldn't believe what she was hearing. Did Levi just act like he gave a damn about her? That made her smile. It was progress even if it was small, but they had to kidnap someone or well she didn't have to but they did.

"Are you guys sure you're ok with this? You have to kidnap someone, but speaking of that, who is it?" Ophelia voices.

"Don't know." Levi says.

"Oh ok.. Ophelia stammers "It's about time I head home see you guys later."

"See you," Levi and Farlan say but Isabel is waiting for her by the door "I'll walk you home" she says

"Aren't you the gentlewomen" Ophelia says

"You know it," Isabel laughs out.

As the two are walking talking about things that do not matter before Isabel says "Levi doesn't seem so disgusted by your presence anymore."

"I know I'm happy he is starting to trust me even if it's a little bit, but you know what they say baby steps." Ophelia voices

"Tell me about it feels like everything I do it takes like 100 baby steps." Isabel spits out

Ophelia just laughs and before they realize they are in front of her house it's a second story one it's pretty cramped down there almost every house has another on top of it.

"Thanks for walking me home. I appreciate it." Ophelia says to Isabel

"Anytime" Ophelia opens the door she turns around to say bye but before she says anything Isabel declares " We will complete this job and get you out of this hell hole."

Ophelia just smiles and nods as she shuts the door but something was eating at her she hoped it was nothing but it seemed like this job was doomed from the start.