New School Year

"Hello~?" Yashiro sang in a sing-songy type. She entered the bathroom, and was immediately attacked with a hug by Hanako. 

~~~

"Boy!!" Hanako cries, clinging onto Kou's arm quickly. Kou nearly topples over as Hanako jumps on him. He stumbles back and hits a stall door. Nene laughs.

"Get off of me!" Kou yells, pushing Hanako off but he's already climbing his back. He clings on until Kou grabs him by his collar, like a cat, and dangles him in the air.

"Oh kid.. you've grown so much!" Hanako cries, clinging onto to his neck again. Kou just drops his arm and sighs.

"Only a few centimetres.. I missed you too." Kou mumbles, rubbing Hanako's back. He doesn't know if he's actually crying or joking.

"Yashiro!! He's growing up?!" Hanako cries, and Nene joins the hug. 

The two had definitely changed over the Winter. Nene cut her hair shorter, and Kou got a haircut. Both got ew shoes too. Nene's dress was the same, but Kou's pants got small so he got his brothers hand-me-downs. 

"Welcome to High School, Kou-kun!" Nene smiled, taking Kou's hands. They were a bit dry from all the skiing he had done with his family over the break. But they were warm, as usual.

He blushed a little bit, but grinned his usual bubbly smile, which made Hanako smile too. He climbed onto Kou's back, and looked over his head. 

"Did the boy get lice over the summer?" Hanako asked, digging his hands into Kou's scalp. He flinched in response and tried to push him off.

"OF COURSE NOT! SHUT UP!" Kou yelled, embarrassed.

"What did you do over your break, Hanako-kun?" Yashiro asked, putting her hands together. Hanako looked down at her, and paused for thought.

"Hmm.. nothing really!"

"Nothing?!" Kou and Yashiro exclaimed, looking at him confused. Hanako poked his tongue out.

"Nothing that concerns you~" he teased. How annoying.. they both, for some reason, really wanted to know. Kou head-bumped him in the chin. 

"Ow.. ow.. hey! Okay! I spent it alone!"

Nene and Kou exchanged a look, a look of pity but recognition. They knew how hard it must be for Hanako, to be alone all his life, and so that's why THIS was their plan. To make this year the best one Hanako has ever had. The next few years would be hard, with Kou and Nene graduating, but that was life. They had all accepted that, it was an unspoken convention.

So they better enjoy their time while it lasted.

This year was going to be perfect, they could all just feel it.