Kou's Late Night Thoughts

Things change, Kou didn't want to know that. A year ago, Amane and Kou could have skipped class all day and it wouldn't have mattered, but they were friends back then. And things didn't hurt.

Now, these two are dating, but Kou can't stand how Amane has so many other activities. His brother occupies the same phone so they can't text anymore, Amane is always studying at the library on the other side of town, or he's practising his piano (which Kou always loves to hear).

So as Kou Minamoto lays in bed at night, he retraces all those old memories. The ones he took for granted. The time they and their friend group layed on the grass on a warm summer day and chatted and giggled. The times in class when they would pass notes and get yelled at together. The night they had their first kiss on the couch at Kou's. How they kissed that whole night. 

How they used to text all day and night. On the weekends, on the holidays, everyday. How Tsukasa stole Amane's phone that one time, and Amane was so scared he couldn't bring himself to text Kou unless it was a 'Good morning' or 'Good night'. Things turned bland.

Things were bland like the school cafeteria food. Just a plain sandwich, milk and an apple. Of course, Amane would still sit with Kou and the others, but they couldn't rub each others legs anymore or hold hands. It sucked.

Kou remembered that one day when after lunch he was so mad that Shijima-senpai jokingly teased...

 "Kou-chan~? Why's your leg on top of Amane's?! That's pretty gay, y'know!"

And after that, they both sat on different sides of the table. It was frustrating.

He threw the apple core at the wall and it splattered everywhere. That damn geek..

But even after all that, Amane swore he still loved Kou. He was just afraid of showing it as publicly as they used to. Kou didn't 100% believe this, he wanted to hang out with Amane and Amane only. It hurt a lot. 

"I can't really talk about it.. can we not talk about this!?" is what Amane always whined whenever Kou brought up why things changed. He knew it was about family though.

And because of this, he looked even more worried everyday. One day, Amane spilled that Tsukasa apparently hated Kou because he was stealing him away from Amane. Attachment issues, much!? Kou was heartbroken and mad, he blamed himself.

And every night, Kou would fall asleep with a wet face and puffy eyes. He cried himself to sleep.

Those ghostly thoughts.. haunted his days.