Kou and Teru fight uhm christmas yes

Kou and Teru used to be absolutely inseparable. Always playing cars together, rolling around in the grass together, climbing into one another's beds when they felt alone and sometimes when they were really little, even bathing together. 

But ever since Kou hit 14, he has been constantly avoiding his brother. It was like Teru didn't even exist to him. Kou was spending most of his time at school in the girls bathroom in the old building where his classes were. And sometimes Teru would hear his brother say some really disrespectful things. 

"My brother? Oh god, don't even mention him. I wish he would shut up for just one moment about me to his friends. If he has any, that is!" Kou laughed, crossing his arms and leaning on a stall door.

"Haha, wow Kou! Didn't know you hated him that much.." Amane laughed along, lightly punching Kou's shoulder.

"Kou!! You can't say such things about him.." scolded Nene. Kou had a big fat crush on her and it was painfully obvious to Teru. Kou's just lucky that Teru would never say anything. 

"Oh whatever, not like he cares about me anyway." Kou sort of frowned, avoiding eye contact with either of them. 

That was what made Teru extremely mad. He was definitely caring and supportive to his brother, respecting him when he needed space of course. But Kou continued to complain as though Teru was never leaving him alone, which was not true. 

~~~

But the day it all subsided for even a few moments to an hour was the afternoon of the school Christmas fair. Teru thought he was just going to bring Tiara along and show her around all the fun sites. But that morning, Kou seemed unusually friendly.

"Teru-nii~" he cooed at the entrance to Teru's room. 

"Yeah?" Teru asked, not turning around on his seat to look at Kou.

"Can we go to the fair.. together..?" Kou asked shyly.

Teru jerked his head around swiftly with a confused expression. Kou looked behind his back and leaned on the doorframe. Teru's face soon melted into joy. But he worried if he seemed too excited, Kou would cringe.

"Sure." Teru nodded, turning back towards his desk.

When Kou left his room and headed downstairs, Teru squealed and hugged a nearby pillow. It had been aged since they had done absolutely anything together, and he was thrilled. Of course he would never show such an emotion in front of anyone. It was a silent Christmas miracle. 

~~~

"You got your coat on?" Teru responsively asked him siblings as they slipped their shoes on.

"Mhm!" Tiara nodded, she was excited to be going out with her family for the first time in a while. 

"You betcha" Kou finger-gunned Teru as he stood up and headed out the door.

The walk to the school grounds was slightly quiet, well Kou was, which slightly concerned Teru. He pondered that maybe he was embarrassed to be seen out with his brother especially after all the harsh things he had said. But then, why go to the fair together? Where they would be on display to absolutely everyone?

The gate shone with bright Christmas lights and smells of sweet mint and everyones favourite, pizza! Tons of students, their families and their friends rushed about outside, playing games. The inside was strictly off limits besides the bathrooms and Auditorium, but the clubs had everything under control.

The Concert Band played short Christmas Jingles, the Art Club (President being Mei Shijima) had displayed a Santa Drawing Contest for the little kiddos, Gardening Club sold Christmas Candy bags, the various Sports Clubs took care of the game stalls like archery, toss the ring, scoop the goldfish and much more. However, the teachers supervised mostly everything. This was one of the days of the year where Teru, the President of the Student Council, could take a break from organising.