Prologue

McGonagall led Hermione into the Headmaster's room. "Go on in Ms. Granger." Said the older woman, who watched the now grown girl grow up. The woman in the large green velvet hat had tears brimming her warm brown eyes.

Hermione walked into the room that she had only been in a few times in her 7 months since the end of the War. McGonagall shut the door behind her, leaving the brunette in the room by herself.

"Ahh Ms. Granger, I knew I'd be seeing you." The whimsical voice of Albus Dumbledore's portrait said, as she neared him. He hung behind the Head Masters or Mistress chair.

"Sir?" She asked, "why is it that you need me?"

"Ms.Granger, I'm sure you are aware of the horrible state of things now." Albus said with furrowed eyebrows.

Hermione cleared her throat a little, swallowing the lump that had formed, "yes Sir, I am very well aware. Seeing as I have to live like a prisoner, for my own safety." Her face was red and hot. She knew it wasn't the dead man's fault that the war had been lost. It wasn't his fault that Voldemort took everything over. War "Criminals' ', Muggleborns, Halfbloods, and anyone deemed, "Unclean," by the New Government was hidden away in their own school.

The school wasn't really a school at all of course. It was an underground building, created by McGonagall herself just in case. No one could leave. If they did, they risked being murdered by the 'Cleansers' as they called them.

Hermione was the only one left of the Golden trio.

Ron had died protecting Ginny after Bellatrix murdered Molly. He had put up a good fight, but at last the older and more seasoned crazed witch had won.

Ginny also died during that fight. Not because she was defeated.

No.

She had given up.

Such a strong girl, crushed by years of fear, and the death of her family. By that point, Fred, George and Percy had already been pronounced dead. And Bill and Fleur were missing. Assumed dead.

Hermione had seen this with her own eyes. In that moment, every moment she's ever had with Ginny flashed in front of her in a split second. It was horrible.

Luna had fallen next, during her battle with the female Carrow. Hermione never bothered to remember her name. She didn't care.

A simple trip had ended it all for the sweet and innocent blond.

When Seamus was pronounced dead, it didn't take long for Dean to follow suit, in a brave and successful attempt to avenge his lover's death. Dean may have died that day, but he did it by taking down Yaxley, both shooting the killing curse at the same time.

"Yes. Yes. Ms. Granger, it's horrible, isn't it? I do hope they treat you well, my dear." Dumbledore said with a small smile. Another shock of anger pulsed through her; she was unsure as to why.

"Yes, they treat me well. Better than others, I request they don't see me as some type of hero, and yet they continue to do so. Far more people have lost more than I have for this war."

"My, Ms. Granger, I do believe you are being far too modest."

"No. I'm not. Now can we hurry this up, I have chores that I must attend too. I don't need Lavender doing them again. She believes she owes me something when she simply does not."

"Ah of course Ms. Granger, let us start, shall we?" Hermione rolled her eyes, and Dumbledore gave her a small smile, "How would you like to fix this all? Fix all of humanity."

Hermione's face contorted in confusion, "sir? I'm not sure as to what you mean."

Dumbledore's smile only grew, "Ms. Granger, how would you like to visit the 70s?"

"Sir?"

McGonagall set three potions in front of Hermione, one blue one a sickly green and the last one a deep blood red. "When you are ready Hermione, you may drink these."

Hermione nodded her head, "let's go over the plan one more time please Minverva."

"Of course."

"I will arrive in the year 1978, August 26th to be exact, one week before the start of the 78-79 school year."

"Mmh, that is correct."

"I will arrive in Dumbledore's office, and he will be there, fully aware of the plans." McGonagall nodded and hummed, "I will pose as 18-year-old Leslie Gordan, daughter of the late Lyall Gordan, murdered traitor of Voldemort. Home schooled, until orphaned."

"Good."

"I'm ready Madam."

Minerva smiled at her, "you'll do well Ms. Granger, I believe in you."

1, Potion. 2.Potion. 3. Potion. And gone.