kira the informant ch.21

Third person pov:

"Cora? What are you doing here, aren't you supposed to be in school?" Parrish asks Cora spotting her in a Cafe while picking up coffee on his way back to the station.

"I had a free period and I didn't get much sleep last night." Cora says looking up from her coffee. "What about you aren't you supposed to be at work?"

"I'm heading back there now, we've had a string of vacation home break-ins and I was checking one out." He says sitting down at Cora's table. "Why couldn't you sleep last night?"

"Stiles has been having nightmares, so he keeps screaming in his sleep. And the worst part about it is he won't even admit that he's having them, anytime someone asks him how he slept he says "great" like we aren't able to tell that he's lying!" Cora says exasperated and yet wondering why she finds telling him all of this so easy.

"Sounds tuff, why do you think he won't say anything about it, I mean he has no problem talking about anything else." Parrish asks worried.

"Not true, he has no problem talking about nothing but he never talks about anything important that's not supernaturally related."

"Huh I guess you're right you know you've got a great eye maybe you should consider joining the police force, hell knows we could use the help of someone who actually knows about what goes on in this town."

"Maybe, Is that the only reason you want me to join the police force, because you know the rest of the pack and I already do quite a lot to help this town."

"Maybe it's not the only reason." Parrish says shyly suddenly finding the chip in the table very interesting.

"What are you doing next Saturday?" Cora asks bluntly.

"Why you tryna take me out?" Parrish asks somewhat teasing and somewhat hopeful.

"Yeah, you got a problem with that?" Cora asks leaning in.

"No not at all" Parrish responds also leaning in.

Stiles pov:

I look out the window of Derek's Camaro as we drive to my house trying not to barf which seems to be my new nervous habit, I preferred the babbling.

"It'll be fine." Derek says placing his hand on my shoulder and helping with the nausea.

"You don't know that for sure, I mean take when I first tried coming out to him as an example, what if-"

"Stiles it'll be fine, even better than fine it'll be great." Derek says as the black veins disappear. We pull into my driveway and I take a deep breath and get out of the car. He's right it'll be fine.

".......okay" my dad says after a minute of silence.

"OKAY! that's all you have to say! I just told you I'm bi and Derek's mate and okay is all you have to say. You had more to say about when I switched to contacts than when I'm coming out to you?!" I say both shocked and confused, I mean really? okay that's all?

"Look I don't care that you're bi and you obviously know I'm making a move back in. And if you haven't figured that out yet then now you know." He says looking at me and then he turns to Derek. I knew that wasn't all! "Now I'd like to have a private word with your boyfriend for a minute please go to your room." He says staring Derek down.

"You're on your own." I say to Derek making my way to my room as quickly as I can. I've only seen that stare down twice before In my life and I never want to relive what happened either time.

Once I get up to my room I begin practicing my sound barrier because this will probably be a while.

Derek's pov: