pack changes pt.2 ch.20

Swear warning:

Peter's pov:

"Shouldn't they be back by now?" Erica asks.

"It'll probably be a bit longer they have a lot to talk about." Cora said getting up and heading towards the kitchen. "Who wants to help?"

"With what?" Issac asks.

"Dinner" Cora says as if it's obvious. "I doubt Stiles will be back in time to do it."

"Do any of you actually know how to cook?" I ask concerned as to what I might be eating later.

"It can't be that hard can it?" Allison says.

"Trust me it is." Issac says shuttering at a distant memory, of his father I'm assuming.

"You are all helpless. stiles was planning on making pasta that can't be too hard for you children to learn. Come on" I say with a sigh. It's probably best if I have some help anyway considering I'll be cooking for ten.

Stiles pov:

"So...." I say...or question? I'm not really sure honestly this is probably the best moment of my life and yet I couldn't feel more awkward and unsure of what to do or say.

"Wow Stiles silent I didn't think it was possible. If I'd known that would be the outcome I'd have done it sooner." Derek said shocking me with his use of sarcasm.

"Derek Hale was that a sense of humor I heard? And I thought what happened a moment ago was unbelievable." I respond while slapping his arm playfully to which he responds by grabbing my hand and holding it in his. Then a ding comes from my pocket, I pull my phone out and see a video that Issac sent me under which it just says help. I click on it and it's Peter attempting to teach the pack how to cook pasta and garlic bread, which judging from the looks of it and the fire alarm going off in the back isn't going well. "We should probably get back." I say.

"Yeah probably wouldn't want another house to burn down." Derek says shocking me so much I choke on air. Then proceed to burst into a ball of flames trying to hold in my laughter.

Derek's pov:

"Oh fuck." Stiles says as we drive back home.

"What?" I ask concerned.

"We have to tell my dad. Not that I don't want to tell my dad of course! But he doesn't even know I'm bi, hell when I tried to tell him he said I wasn't. Which was partially my fault for trying to do it to cover for Scott. When we followed kimara Jackson into the night club. And that was the only time anything like that had ever been brought up. It's not like I think he won't be okay with it but he'll definitely make me move back in. Because when it comes to your safety parents completely forget about your safety." He rambles making me smile slightly.

"Stop laughing this isn't funny." He says glaring at me.

"I'm not laughing." I respond.

"You're smiling slightly, for Derek Hale that's basically the same." He says sticking his tongue out at me.

Stiles pov:

Once we get home I run up the stairs to the loft and opening the door I see a disaster. Malia and Erica are fighting over how small the pepper should be chopped while Boyd tries to break it up, Allison seems to have burnt something, Isaac's off in the corner in a ball plugging his ears from the noise and Peter is trying to help Cora with the garlic bread but it doesn't seem to be going very well.

"So....Peter what exactly is going on here?" Derek asks as he comes in right after me.

"Your pups have zero life skills." He says looking annoyed.

"Alright everybody listen up Allison you calm down Issac, Boyd throw away whatever the thing that Allison's holding used to be, Malia and Erica there chopped enough move on to the other stuff Cora start cooking the meat for the sauce I'll be with you in a minute to season it and Peter I'm assuming you can finish the garlic bread yourself." I say looking at each of them individually as I tell them what to do.

"Yes chief!" Erica says saluting me and making a ridiculous face. Allison just now noticing Issac in the corner rushes over even though by now Derek's already trying to help him. Malia, Cora and Peter get to work without any words except for a Smirk from Peter upon hearing Erica's remark.

Derek's pov:

I can already see the changes to the pack in just the short car ride back and I'm not the only one who noticed I'm assuming from the looks Cora and Peter are giving me.
Allison runs over to me and Issac who I'm having take deep breaths while Allison holds his hands and talks to him.
Looking over at Stiles every once in a while still not believing that someone as good as him would ever wanna be with me.

Stiles pov:

"Alright these are all the seasonings where adding." I say setting them on the counter before I drop them.

"That's a lot though, isn't it?" She asks.

"Where making spaghetti sauce from scratch there's gonna be a lot, although I have been told I add a lot of seasoning, but that was by Jackson so I'm not so sure I trust that." I say grabbing the chopped ingredients from Malia and Erica.

Kira's pov:

"Honey can we talk?" My dad asks, from where he and mom are sitting in the living room.

"Sure what about?" I inquire sitting on the floor across from them.

"Well we think we should move back to New York, beacon Hills it's not been good for you." My mother says.

"And we want you to break up with Scott." My father interjects looking at me with concern.

"Look I don't want to move and Scott won't be a problem much longer anyways. Mom, dad I really like it here all my friends are here please don't make me move." I somewhat beg.

"What do you mean Scott won't be a problem much longer? What's going on?" My mother asks raising her voice a little.

"It's a long story, look we've gotta get to school I promise to explain everything later okay." I say gesturing to me and dad.

"Okay but you better make good on that promise." My mom says getting up from the sofa.

"I will." I say giving her a hug then running to the car.

I hope you like it, sorry it took so long I was about ready to publish this chapter but then I got some inspiration and had to re-write this chapter to go in the new direction I wanted it too. :⁠-⁠)