Side Effects

Third PoV

"What's that called again?" 

Piper looks at Percy, who is pointing to the Apollo cabin, confused as why he's asking the question. "Huh?"

"What's that thing called again? I forgot," he repeats.

"That's called a cabin, Percy, you know that." Piper replies, rolling her eyes.

Percy furrows his eyebrows. "Oh yeah...it is called a cabin. I don't know why I asked that."

_______________

"Anyway, what were you doing today?" Leo asks Percy.

"Oh, I was just hanging around in the lake with the...the..." A confused look slips onto Percy's face.

"The naiads?" Leo supplies.

"Yeah, them," Percy confirms.

_______________

"Hey, Malcom," Jason runs to catch up with him.

"Oh, hey Jason," Malcom greets him. "What do you need?"

"Could you lend me some...um...what's the word again? The thing with words?"

"A dictionary? A book?" Malcom suggests.

"The second one!" Jason's face lights up, "Yeah, a book! Could a have one written in Latin?"

"Sure!"

_______________

"Jason," Annabeth asks, "Could you take over training at 3:00? Percy and I have a date."

"Okay, what are they training with?" Jason says.

"Just daggers, and don't be worried about telling them the Roman way."

"A what?" Jason questions.

"A dagger, ya know, the small pointy death stick?" Annabeth tell him.

"Oh, yeah! That thing! Sure, I'll do that."

_______________

"Has anyone noticed Percy and Jason being a bit...weird?" Annabeth asks.

"Yep," Piper pipes up, "They've been forgetting really simple words."

"Like the other day," Leo recites, "Percy forgot what naiads were called."

"Malcom told me that Jason forgot was a book was...and he forgot what a dagger is." Annabeth says. "What happened to them?"

"I don't know," Piper answered, deep in thought.

"Well, let's look at some possibilities," Leo suggests, "I don't want those two to forget me."

"Forget you...Leo that might just be it!" Annabeth exclaims, "Maybe it's like...side effects from having their memory erased!"

"It would make sense since Percy and Jason were the only ones who had amnesia, and they are the only ones who are forgetting words," Piper says.

"So, it's side effects? Will they be like this forever?" Leo asks.

"Hopefully not?" It sounded like Annabeth was trying to convince herself.

"Well, let's help them when they forget words," Piper says.

_______________

"Mom!" Percy rushes to his mom, hugging her. "Can Annabeth stay here as well?"

"Well, it would be a shame it she didn't get blue cookies..." Sally pretends that she is thinking, then says "That's fine, where is she? I want to say hello to her!"

"Hey Sally!" Annabeth steps into the door frame, hugging Sally. As they embrace each other, Annabeth whispers in her ear, "We need to talk. It's about Percy."

_______________

"What did you want to talk about?" Sally asks once they are alone.

"It's Percy, I think he's got side effects to amnesia. He's forgetting a bunch of simple words, so if he asks what something is, you need to tell him with a way to remember easily."

"Oh Percy..." Sally looks down, and Annabeth goes to comfort her. "I can't believe my baby boy can't go one year without having something bad going on in his life."

"Hey Annabeth! Mom! Want some cookies!" Percy calls from another room.

"We're coming Seaweed Brain!" Annabeth shouts back, then turns to Sally, "We better go back."

"I'll be sure to keep an eye on him," Sally says. 

Annabeth thanks her, then they go to have blue cookies.

_______________

"Percy, Jason. Do you know why you two are here?"

The two boys feel uncomfortable standing in Chiron's gaze.

"We um, we are forgetting words..." Jason mutters.

"Pardon?" Chiron questions.

"We are forgetting words," Percy say a bit louder.

Chiron frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Like, simple words. Like book." Jason tries to explain.

"And naiads."

"Dagger."

"Cabin"

"Do you two have any idea how this is happening?" Chiron asks.

"No," A new voice says, "But we do." Annabeth, Piper and Leo walk in.

"You do?" Jason asks, then immediately takes it back, muttering, "Of course they do."

"We think that it's side effects from they amnesia." Piper explains.

"Well, it does happen," Chiron says after a long thinking session. "Is there any way to help it?"

"I think it's a natural thing, a stage. They should be able to remember all of their words in a...couple of years." Leo winced as Percy and Jason burst out talking at his prediction.

"A couple of years?!"

"What?!"

"Something like that," Annabeth says calmly. "In the meantime, we'll help you. After all, it's just the side effects."

Idk why I wrote this one.

I saw something, and it came.

Okay now, bye.

-Laurel