Siren Percy

Percy felt it calling him. He wanted to dive into the waves, swim with the fish. It was pulling him towards the water. He was so close...so close...

"Percy?"

Percy quickly spun around, snapping out of the trance, to see Annabeth starting at him. "Percy, what are you doing out there? It's past curfew?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Percy said back, just as quick.

Annabeth frowned. "I'm going to see Chiron, like we discussed this morning, remember? Some merfolk has been spotted in the waters of Long Island Sound in the last few days, and I was going to give Chiron some suggestions on how to get it to go back home."

Percy blinked. "Um, ok. No idea you guys are doing, love you, see you tomorrow bye!" He quickly ran back to his cabin. He felt...dizzy. Disorientated. Like he knew something, it was in the tip of his tongue, but he couldn't remember just what it was. But he knew one thing. It was about the merfolk. 

Then, he heard it. The calling. He longed to be in the sea.

He couldn't help it. He made sure that the coast was clear, and ran towards the beach. He waded into the water, and full submerged. Then, a tingling sensation went up and down his legs. He ignored it, swimming alongside fish for a while. But soon, it became unbearable and painful.

Percy writhed around, his legs feeling as if they were on fire. The fish surrounded him, asking him what was wrong. He couldn't reply, he was in too much pain. 

Then, he blacked out.

When he woke up, he felt...different. He wanted to play, as if he was a small child. He felt curious about everything, and all the sound he could make was clicks and chitters like a dolphin. Percy found it extremely hilarious. Then, he looked down at his legs, except they weren't legs anymore. He had a tail, a deep blue tail. He loved it. Though somewhere, in the back of Percy's mind, he knew that he wasn't in the right state of mind. But he ignored it.

It was still night, so Percy played with the fish, clicking and chittering to communicate with them. He chased them, they chased him. He found a piece of glass, and found that he had gills on his neck, fangs, a slightly blue tint to his skin, and fins on his ears, arms and tail.

Once the sun was about to rise, he swam to the surface and transformed back into a human. He stumbled to his cabin, tired. He crashed on his bed, instantly falling asleep.

"Percy!"

Percy groggily woke up, sleeping for what felt like minutes.

"Percy! You missed breakfast!"

That got him up. "What?! Noooooo my food!"

He practically bolted out of bed, quickly got changed into a t-shirt and shorts, and ran into the dining pavilion, right past Annabeth who was waiting at his door, amused.

When he got there, hardly anyone was there. People were finishing up, going to their activities. Annabeth came running behind him. "Yeah, you kinda slept in."

"B-but...food!" Percy protested, then sat down at the Poseidon table, quickly sacrificed to the gods, and started wolfing down his food, not wanting to miss breakfast.

Annabeth rolled her eyes at him, shaking her head. "C'mon Seaweed Brain, we don't have all day! We need to teach class soon."

"Yep, I got it. You start without me, I'll be there soon." Percy attempted to say through a mouthful of food, but it sounded more like, "Yepth, I goth ipth. Fou phart wifow meh, ow be phere foon."

Thankfully, Annabeth had had many years of practice of hearing Percy speak while eating. "Ok Percy, just don't take too long. We got a councillor's meeting too, before lunch."

Percy nodded, taking the info in. He managed to finish eating his breakfast in 5 minutes (new record!) and then he went to the arena to teach the new campers.

-Time skip-

Percy's PoV

I walked out of the arena with Annabeth, and we started to go to the big house.

"Percy, what do you think about the merfolk?"

I remembered last night, and then connected the dots.

I was the merman.

I didn't know why I still had memories of last night, but not any other night, but I didn't know what to do. But I did know someone who did.

"Hey Annabeth..." I cautiously said. "I will have to miss this meeting, I'm actually planning on seeing my dad."

Annabeth frowned. "Can't you see him after?"

I shook my head, Annabeth after a few more minutes of pleading, Annabeth caved in. I thanked her, going to the beach and diving into the water.

If there's anyone who will know about this, it's gotta be my father.

Helllllloooooo!

I know I just updated this book an hour ago, but I started this ages ago so here it is! It's kinda schist but I DON'T GIVE A BLUE COOKIE!!!

:D

-Laurel