Flexible Percy

"C'mon Jackson! You can go lower than that!"

Percy's face was beaded with sweat, his muscles hurt like hell, but he went with what his coach said. He pushed his legs as far as he could, pushing downwards. When he touched the floor, he did a small celebration in his head.

He could finally do the splits!

"Now stay like that for two minutes, got it kid?" The coach told the ten year old.

Percy nodded and stayed in that position. After he finished the splits, he moved on to his flips. "Do a back flip, round off, then finish off with a barani on the tramp, kay?" His coach instructed.

Percy did a small run up, then flipped backwards. He quickly arranged himself midair to go into a round off, as soon as his feet touched the ground, he pushed off again, going into a round off. He landed right next to the trampoline, where he jumped onto, going higher each time. Then, he flipped himself midair and landed in motorbike.

The coach clapped, impressed. "I didn't think you could do it Jackson. Good job."

"Thanks coach!" Percy beamed up at him, happy with himself.

"Ya know what kid? You could go into competitions and win them, I bet. You definitely have the potential for it!" His coach said, ruffling his hair. Percy laughed, enjoying the rare moment where he was happy.

Every afternoon, Percy would stretch and practice gymnastics, as it was his passion. Every Monday afternoon he would go to his lessons, with Coach Simon. He would train, going into competitions and even winning a few. Percy was naturally flexible, so flips, kicks and other stuff came easily to him.

Twelve years old - Had to quit as Gabe said it was getting too expensive. Percy still practiced everyday, using anything he could to practice his tricks.

Sixteen years old - Still practicing. No one at camp knows about his talent.

Seventeen years old - Present time. Still practicing. No one at camp knows...yet.

Percy's PoV

I ran through the forest, swinging off of trees, flipping off rocks. I cartwheeled then backflipped over a ditch, still running after. I still loved gymnastics, and I liked to make my practice time a little fun.

I did a round off, cartwheel and handstand, and as I'm about to go into a walkover, I spread my legs, going into splits.

I've always been flexible, my dad said that it's because merpeople can twist their tails in many ways, so it was almost the same for me. Instead, the tail is my body.

"Percy?" I heard a shout come from outside the forest. "Are you there?"

It's Annabeth.

I abandoned my gymnastics routine, telling myself that I would warm down later in my cabin. "Yeah Wise Girl, I'm over here!"

Annabeth appears in my sight, grinning. "Percy! Your mom just IMed me! I can stay at your place for the school year!"

I don't think I have ever smiled so wide. I ran up to Annabeth, picking her up and spinning her around. She laughed, her blonde hair blowing in the wind. I hugged her once I put her down. "That," I said, kissing her on her forehead, "Sounds," A kiss on the nose. "Perfect." I peck her on the lips.

I couldn't be happier. A whole year with Annabeth.

Life couldn't get better.

TIMMMEEEE SKIIIPPPP

"Percy! Can you help me unpack?" Annabeth called up from my room. I was in the lounge room, playing with Estelle and chatting with Paul.

"Sure Wise Girl!" I leave Estelle to play with Paul, and I go to my room to find Annabeth trying to open up her suitcase. The zipper had gotten stuck on something in the bag, Annabeth is trying to find out what it is.

I crouch down beside her and take the bag from her. I wiggle the zipper, trying to get it unattached from whatever is stopping it. After a few goes, it finally comes off.

"Thanks Percy," Annabeth sighs in relief, "I've been trying to get that open for 5 minutes and 37 seconds straight."

"How did you...never mind." I have gotten used to Annabeth counting the time. Does she have a clock installed in her head somehow?

"Percy!" My mom ran into the room, excitement on her face. "I published my new book, and the readers LOVE IT! So many copies are being sold!"

"That's awesome mom!" I get up and hug her, super pumped that my mom can finally do what makes her happy.

"And..." She continues, "We have enough money for you to go back to the gymnasium..."

I gasp. "I-I can go back to gymnastics?!" 

"Yep!"

I nod my head so fast I think it will fall off. "Oh yes yes yes pleaseeeee! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"Wait, what's happening?" Annabeth asks, clearly confused.

"I'm finally going back to gymnastics!" I exclaim.

"You do gymnastics?"

"Yep! Started when I was eight, had to quit when I was twelve, and never was able to start back up again. I still practiced though, I'm surprised no one at camp saw me doing my flips."

"You can do FLIPS?!"

I nodded, grinning. "It's awesome, it feels like you're flying.

"How about you two go and apply for a class?" Mom suggests.

(*"-Time skip-"*) 

Annabeth and I walk into the reception for the gym, going up to the front desk. "Hello!" The lady says in a chirpy voice, "How can I help you today at New York Gymnasium?" 

 "Hi, can I apply for a class here?" I ask the lady, who nods and starts typing on her computer.

"Let's see, you can go into either a Saturday class, at 4 o'clock, or a Wednesday class, at half past five." She supplies. I think hard, I've got nothing on on both of those days, but I really just wanna spend my Wednesdays after a big day of school relaxing.

"I'll do the Saturday class." I confirm, and she calls for a trainer to come and trial me.

Soon, a guy approaches us, and he looks familiar, but I can't place it. "Hey, kid? You the one who's trialing?"

I nod, and he takes Annabeth and I to a separate room. He grabs some equipment from the corner and sets up. While he does that, I start stretching, getting ready to test myself. The coach looks mildly impressed. "You're one of the first kids who stretches before I tell them too."

I smile, "Yeah, my coach always told me to do it no matter what."

Once he finishes, he tells me to do a handstand. 'Easy!' I think as I go into a handstand, holding it for as long as I could. After 15 seconds, I come down as gracefully as I could, trying not to make a sound on the mat.

The coach then tells me to do a walkover, which I again, easily do. The trial continues, coach telling me what to do, and me, doing it. I do bridges, splits, round offs, handsprings and flips. Annabeth practically has her mouth to the ground by now, watching me in amazement as I bend my body and do all sorts of things.

Once the trial is over, the coach comes over to me. "Kid, ya did good. You could be in competitions..." His voice trails off.

"What's wrong?" I question, confused at his reaction.

"Ah, nothing. I told another kid that, who's probably around your age now, maybe about, what? Seven years ago? He had to quit. Looked a lot like you. He loved gymnastics." Coach begins to walk away.

My eyes widen. "Coach Simon?"

He spins around, surprise on his face. "Ho-how? I never told you my name."

"I never told you mine." I say. "Percy, Percy Jackson. It's nice to see you again."

Then I walk away, going home with Annabeth who is still in shock at my passion for gymnastics.

Helllooooo! Laurel here!

I just wanted to write this. Because it came to me.

A reminder, if anyone wants to request a one shot, go to the first chapter! Put in a comment there.

Righty'o, see ya all next time.