24

I step outside, as a soft wind blows against my hair. I'm not sure why I took it upon myself to deliver the three miraculouses to Luka, Kagami, and Alix, but I wanted to feel helpful. Perhaps, it was me being selfish, but now it's my job to bring the miraculouses to them. 

"Everything okay, Marinette?" 

I peer down at the two kwamis inside my purse, as an uneasy feeling forms in the pit of my stomach. "Yes. A lot happened today," I point out, nervously chuckling to myself. "If it's alright with you, Wayzz, I'll deliver the miraculouses to them tomorrow." 

Wayzz nods. "I understand." 

I start to walk home, as a small smile curves around my lips. The city was strangely empty, as I continue forward and stare at the ground. I lost a lot of friends today, but I can't wrap my mind around it. Part of me cannot believe it! Even so, I got a wonderful offer from Jagged Stone along with Luka and earned Master Fu's trust. 

I return home, as I stare at the building looming before me. We recently moved here due to my father winning the election, and it still feels strange. Sure, it's larger than our original bakery and has the technology to make more sweets and pastries, but it doesn't feel like home yet. 

I take a few steps forward and open the door, as the warm smell of chicken parmesan fills the room. My stomach growls ferociously, as I close the door behind me and enter into the kitchen, where my mom and dad are cooking. 

"Welcome home, honey!" My dad states, shooting me a wide grin. Tears form in my eyes, as I engulf them in a hug. After everything that happened today, I'm so thankful for my family. No matter what, they've always been there for me. 

"Are you okay, sweetie?" 

"I love you so much," I say softly, as the two of them stare at me with wide eyes. "Thank you so much for being the best parents ever." My mom and dad exchange a look, before engulfing me in a hug. 

"We love you too, Marinette." 

After that, we sit at the dining room table and start to eat dinner. I casually munch on my food, as my parents worriedly stare at me for a moment. "So, Marinette, how was your day?" My mom asks. "You got home later than usual. Was your first day back good?" 

"A lot happened today," I admit, feeling their curious stares. "I missed a lot of schoolwork while I was out sick, so I had to do a lot of catching up today." I take another bite out of my chicken parmesan. "Also, I ran into Luka today, and he informed me that Jagged Stone wants him and I to play at one of his upcoming concerts." 

"Oh my gosh!" My dad declares, staring at me in pure amazement. "That's a wonderful opportunity, Marinette! You've always been such a big fan of Jagged Stone! I was so proud of you when you designed his album cover! What did you say? Did you accept his offer?" 

"Hold on, Tom," my mom says, scrunching her brow in concern. "Marinette, we will support you no matter what, but I thought your dream was to be a fashion designer." I anxiously bite my lip. "Did you change your mind?" 

"Not exactly," I admit, feeling her curious stare. "I still want to be a fashion designer, but I want to be a singer as well." I run a hand through my hair. "I didn't realize how much I enjoyed singing until I was performing in front of everyone at the talent show." 

"I understand," my mom hums, nodding in approval. "You know, Marinette, we're so proud of you. You're an extremely hard worker that won't stop until your dreams are accomplished." She shoots me a warm smile. "We will support you no matter what." 

"Thank you so much! You had no idea how much that means to me!" I state cheerfully, meeting their gazes. "How about you, mom, dad? How was your days?" My mom smiles softly, as my dad's face seems to light up.