2

It has been weeks since dad has started taking law and politics in college. He has been very busy, doing his best in college classes and going to campaign events. I wanted to help, but he insisted that he could do it. My phone buzzes as a smile appears on my face. Alya! "Hey, girl," she says as I answer the phone.

"Hi, Alya!"

"I heard your dad was running for mayor!" She exclaims. "Is it true? Also, did you hear about the new Ladybug poll? I wonder who Ladybug will vote for!" I chuckle to myself, knowing that wasn't even a question.

"Um...me too," I say. This is my first election voting, and I cannot wait. Chloe's dad made the voting age sixteen, allowing most of my classmates the right to vote. "Um..." I turn the TV on, gasping in shock. My dad was all over the news, and he only just started a few weeks ago.

"There's a new person going for mayor," Nadja said, and I stared at the screen. "Mr. Tom Dupain." I noticed the amount of people cheering and realize how many supporters he has. What in the world was happening? I thought this would've been a longer process!

"According to Mr. Dupain, if he wins the election, his bakery will be transferred to a bigger and better location," Nadja continues. "I've interviewed a lot of people about his bakery, and they love it. They say it has great costumer service and amazing pastries."

I hang up on Alya, hurrying downstairs. "Marinette, come here," mom says. "Your dad is going to make his first television appearance and wants us to be there." My eyes widen in astonishment as a joyful smile appears on my face.

I cheer. "Wow! That's amazing!"

"I heard a rumor about Ladybug being there," she cheers. I gasp. Was I supposed to be there as Ladybug? "Cat Noir as well," mom adds. I furrow my eyebrows, knowing my kitty could've told me about that.

We arrive there as Tikki hides in my purse. I wear a fancy, pink and blue dress with gorgeous, white wedges. My hair is curled, being at my shoulders. I put on a gorgeous, pink necklace with silver bracelets before grabbing my purse.

This is one of the many television appearances dad will have. I advert my attention to the stage as Cat Noir arrives. An arrogant grin appears on his face as he stands confidently in front of the cameras. My dad finds me, taking mom and I up there. Everyone was there, and I notice Chloe on the stage with us.

"I wish Ladybug was here," Cat Noir murmurs, staring at me. "Do you know where she is?" I shake my head, hoping Tikki wouldn't come out of my purse. "Wait. I recognize you! I saved you when Ladybug and I fought the Gamer."

"And, the Evillistrator," I add, awkwardly standing there. "So, what are we supposed to do now?" Cat Noir furrows his eyebrows in concentration as an uneasy feeling forms in the pit of my stomach.

"We should wait for Ladybug," he states, glancing all around. "She will be here any moment now, and I cannot wait to see her." A smug look appears on my face. I really need to be Ladybug.

A few moments pass when they call Chloe, my mom, and I off of the stage. Cat Noir stays on the stage, remaining perfectly quiet. "Where's Ladybug?" Mr. Bourgeois questions. "We need her, don't we?"

I slip into the crowd and head into the restroom. "Tikki, spots on," I say, transforming into Ladybug. I hurry out of the bathroom, swinging towards the stage. "Sorry, I was late! I... er, um... saw an akuma and had to deevilize it."

Everyone cheers as relief forms in the pit of my stomach. "I bet everyone here is wondering who I'll vote for," I point out, putting my hands on my hips. "I will tell you the day of the election." I stand next to Cat Noir, noticing his amazed expression. "So, did you miss me, kitty?" I tease.

His cheeks turn bright red as I chuckle to myself. "Maybe..." He murmurs. "Did m'lady miss me?" My cheeks flush in embarrassment. I roll my eyes and cross my arms in annoyance, turning away from him.

"You never know, kitty."

"Let the ceremony commence," the vice mayor declares. I smile eagerly, glancing at my dad and current mayor.