27

The school day seems to drag on, as I sit in class and stare at my teacher. I don't know why, but I am completely disinterested in what she's teaching. I'm looking forward to continuing that discussion with Luka and figuring out what's going on.

"Marinette, what's the answer to this question?"

I stare at the board behind her, as a serious expression appears on my face. She points a dry-erase marker at the equation, which read: 2x+5=25. Okay, Marinette. You got this. I know she put you on the spot, but you got this, I think to myself.

"It's ten," states Max, who adjusts his glasses. I stare at him with wide eyes, as relief washes over me. He looks over his shoulder at me and nods in my direction, as a cheerful grin etches on my face. I'm not sure why, but he managed to save me. I genuinely thought that everyone in this class hated me, but his actions said otherwise.

"Thanks, Marinette."

I chuckle nervously and feel everyone's eyes on me, as Lila snickers in amusement. "You know, Marinette, you should be thankful Max saved you from that one," she hums, running a hand through her hair. "If he didn't, then you would've made a fool of yourself."

"What...!"

"Yeah. You need to actually learn and pay attention," says Alya, who looks over her shoulder at me. "Do you think you can actually become a famous fashion designer? If you don't get your act together, then you won't ever make anything of yourself."

"Dudette is right," Nino states, eyeing me carefully. "Your designs aren't good enough to get you a decent job someday. Being daughter of the mayor won't make a difference if you aren't good enough."

Tears brim my eyelids, as I clench my fists in desperation. "I hate to say it, but they aren't lying to you," Rose points out, putting her hands on her hips. "If you don't step up your game, then your dreams will be crushed."

"You're wrong! I...!"

"That's enough, class," my teacher says sharply, glancing around the room. "We got a little off track, so let's focus on school." The class silences down, as I look at Lila through the corners of my eyes. The brown-haired female has a smirk on her face, as my heart drops. She must feel pretty good about herself, doesn't she?

When class ends, I rush out of the room and hurry towards the library. I clench my fists in desperation, as tears brim my eyelids. I open the library door and rush in, before sitting down at a table.

A second later, the library door opens, as Lila, Chloe, and Sabrina enter the room. My eyes flash dangerously, as I quickly pick up my belongings and hide behind a bookshelf. "I thought I saw her come in here," Chloe states, crossing her arms in annoyance.

"There's no doubt about it," says Lila, who carefully peers around. "Perhaps, she saw us enter the library and is hiding." My eyes flash dangerously, as I open my purse and look down at Tikki, who stares at me with wide eyes.

"Marinette, use this," she states, holding up the horse miraculous. I raise my eyebrows in astonishment and quickly take the miraculous from her hands, as a horse kwami appears before me.

"Hello, my name is Kaalki, and I can grant you the power of teleportation," the horse kwami explains, as I nod in her direction. "After you transform, all you need to say is Voyage, and that will create a portal to anywhere you want to. Also, in order to transform, you need to say full gallop."

"I understand. Thank you, Kaalki," I murmur, as the horse kwami shoots me a warm smile. I then turn my attention to Chloe, Lila, and Sabrina, as the blonde-haired female scowls and puts her hands on her hips.

"Sabrina, find her!" Chloe orders, as the said female nervously scurries away. I exchange a look with Kaalki and Tikki, as my eyes widen in terror. I slowly put on the glasses, as a newfound determination washes over me.

"Kaalki, full gallop."

I hold out my hand, as the three females start to approach us

I hold out my hand, as the three females start to approach us. "Voyage!" I declare, as a bright blue portal appears in front of us. I jump into the portal, with Tikki following right behind me. We appear in the music room, as relief forms in the pit of my stomach. I turn around, as the portal vanishes into thin air.

"Amazing work, Marinette."

"Kaalki, dismount," I state, as the horse kwami appears before me. "Also, what type of food do you like to eat to regain your energy?" Her eyes widen in surprise, as a genuine smile curves around my lips.

"If possible, I would love to get some golden apples," Kaalki says abruptly, as I stare at her with wide eyes. Although my parents own a bakery, we don't have golden apples. Perhaps, I can make some apple tart that would satisfy her taste buds.

"Alright. I'll see what I can do," I hum, as the horse kwami nods in response. "If you don't mind, I might surprise you once I get home." Upon hearing my words, Kaalki's eyes light up, as she looks over at Tikki, who shoots her a casual grin.

"I bet you would love it!" Tikki declares, as her stomach growls ferociously. "Marinette always makes the best foods! Because her parents own a bakery, she has access to a bunch of delicious foods that I never thought I'd get the opportunity to try."

"Oh my gosh! I can't wait to try it!"

"Alright. I need to get back to class," I say sharply, opening my purse and beckoning for the two  kwamis to get in. Tikki and Kaalki quickly fly into my purse, as I open the door to the music room and start to head to my next class. Even with Kaalki's help, I cannot help but feel nervous about what's about to happen. I might've been able to avoid Chloe and Lila at the library, but I doubt that I will be that lucky next time.