32

After dinner, I immediately head to my room, as a newfound excitement forms in the pit of my stomach. I cannot wait to perform alongside Jagged Stone! I enter my room and close the door behind me, as Tikki and Kaalki fly out of my purse.

"What a day!" Kaalki declares in exasperation, before flying over my bed and jumping onto my pillow. She snuggles into it and closes her eyes in pure relaxation, as I exchange a look with Tikki and chuckle to myself.

"Um, Marinette," begins Tikki, who intently stares at me. "Before you think about heading to bed, you need to get to patrol. Bunnyx said that she had important information about extending your transformation earlier, and she wanted you, Cat Noir, Viperion, and Ryuko there."

My eyes widen. "Oh, crap! You're right!"

"I know." She flashes me a confident grin. "You probably should transform." Tikki starts to turn to look at the horse kwami. "Kaalki, are you...?" As her eyes land on her, the ladybug kwami snickers to herself. "I guess not. She's already asleep."

"It's fine," I state, nodding in her direction. "We can just leave her here." I pull the blanket up to the horse kwami's neck. "Sleep tight, Kaalki. We'll be back soon." I look over my shoulder at the ladybug kwami. "Alright, let's do this! Tikki, spots on!"

Once I finish transforming, I open my window and leave my room. I swing across the city and head straight to the Eiffel Tower, as the wind blows against my hair. I maneuver across the city, before landing at the foot of the Eiffel Tower.

I stare at it in awe, as a bright smile etches on my face. Although I've lived in Paris for awhile now, I cannot help but admire the Eiffel Tower. "It's lovely, isn't it?" A voice comes from behind. I slowly turn around, being face to face with Cat Noir.

"Yes, Kitty," I admit, as a toothy grin curves around his lips. "I've been here plenty of times over the years, but it's still one of the most gorgeous things in the world." Cat Noir's face softens, as he looks over his shoulder at me.

"I agree," another voice comes from behind, which captures our attention. I turn in that direction, as Viperion stands there, with a hand on his hip. "Especially now. It just illuminates the night sky and seems to shine over the city of Paris."

I meet his gaze. "Yeah. It..."

Suddenly, Ryuko and Bunnyx land before us, interrupting our conversation. "Hey. Looks like everyone is already here," Bunnyx comments, taking a step forward and glancing around the group. "Does anyone have any questions before I tell you how to use your abilities multiple times without changing back?"

Cat Noir smirks. "I have..."

"Nope. Go for it, Bunnyx."

"Alright, Ladybug," she states, nodding in my direction. "There are two ways to use your special ability multiple times without changing back." Bunnyx puts a hand on her hip. "The first way is to be an adult eighteen or older. The second is to overcome that limitation through pure determination. In other words, you have to force yourself not to change back."

Ryuko scrunches her brows. "How?"

"You need to focus solely on maintaining your transformation," Bunnyx responds, as I furrow my eyebrows in concentration. "Believe me when I tell you that it's not an easy task, but if you train hard and push yourself to your limits, then you should be able to do it."

"We understand," I say sharply, shooting her a warm smile. "Thank you so much for informing us about this, Bunnyx." I put a hand on her shoulder. "We will push ourselves past our limits to overcome our limitation and become stronger."

Ryuko nods. "Understood. Thanks a lot."

"This is an opportunity to become stronger, and we will take it," Viperion states, as a serious yet confident expression appears on his face. "If this will help us defeat Hawkmoth, then we shouldn't stop until we accomplish our goal." He then looks at the blonde. "Isn't that right, Cat Noir?"