14

As I walk outside, I notice a man standing by the exit. "Hello, Miss Marinette," he says respectfully, bowing slightly. "Your dad hired me as your bodyguard." A bodyguard? Why would I need a bodyguard? Oh, wait... I'm the mayor's daughter.

"I—er, um..."

"I'll protect her," a familiar voice states, capturing my attention. I slowly glance in that direction, as Cat Noir approaches us. "Hey, Princess." The shock was evident on my face as a smile curves around my lips.

"C-Cat Noir!" I exclaim cheerfully. "You want to be my bodyguard?" The said boy nods lightly, as my eyes light up. My smile fades when a limo pulls up. I'm not sure why, but I really don't like limos.

The bodyguard nods slowly. I cannot believe this! Cat Noir, who is one of my two crushes, is going to be my bodyguard! "So, Princess, what's up?" He asks. I smile softly, picturing his soft and luscious lips.

"U-Um... I just tried out for my school's talent show and was planning on going back to help everyone set up," I admit. "But, by the time I returned, everything was done. It just doesn't feel right." Great, I'm blabbing about me. Stuff, stuff, stuff.

"Don't worry, Princess," he says in a reassuring tone, as I smile gratefully. "You can talk to me." As I recall him saying that to me as Ladybug, I soon realize that the bodyguard, along with everyone else, was gone.

I stare into his green eyes, while he stares into my blue ones. "Uhhh— um..." I start, feeling my heart pounding. What if he feels like he's playing both of my halves?

He cups my chin and stares into my eyes. My heart hammers in my chest, as I lean closer to Cat Noir, wishing to be loved by him. "So...?" He said, before pulling away. "Are you Ladybug?" I gasp in surprise, wondering if he knew the truth.

"N-No, of course not...!" I stammer, as my cheeks turn bright red. "I-I... um, er..." As a smile forms on his lips, I close my mouth to prevent myself from stuttering.

"Well, I better get you home," he murmurs, with a twinkle in his eyes. "I promise that I will take care of you in my normal form and my Cat Noir form. Do we have a deal?"

"Sure...!" I say, unsure of what was my end of the deal. I smile, before staring at him with wide eyes. After that, we have a great night. He brings me home, before my mom looks at me with surprise.

"Marinette, you must unpack your room," she states. "Go ahead." I nod, before hurrying to my room. No school tomorrow. That's something I was genuinely excited about. I start to unpack my room, and by the time I finally finish, it's six in the morning.