☆ school project - jisung

requested by seiyuuhiro

you were currently sitting in class, listening to your teacher provide some of the information needed for your upcoming project.

you were actually happy because you thought you were finally going to be paired with your best friend. not only would that make the project easier, but also more fun.

too bad for you, when names were called for duos, you heard your name matched with jisung's. not your best friend's.

jisung? really?

he was the "popular bad boy" of the school.

dammit you didn't want to work with him. you'd heard from other people that jisung made them do all the work.

so why would he act any different towards you? you were just that "one nerd" to everyone at school. that gave him even more reason to use you to score a good grade.

you hated people who contributed nothing into projects. so you knew you were in for a disaster. you weren't excited to work with jisung.

"hey, y/n, right?" he asked, pulling his chair next to yours. "yeah." you said quietly.

after working with him for about 15 minutes, you realized the rumors were true. jisung had done absolutely no work so far.

"are you gonna work or just sit and look pretty?" you asked him. "aw, you think i'm pretty? so kind." he responded, not even sparing a glance towards you. he was too busy on his phone, texting someone named minho about some cute girl he met a few minutes ago. but of course you weren't snooping or anything. he shouldn't be on his phone in the first place. you were going to ask him something, but class had ended.

"here's my number." he said, giving you his phone. "for what?"

"because we needed to work on this after school hours too, dummy."

shit. you forgot about that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so here you were, in jisung's room the following day. you didn't really want to spend your saturday doing partner work by yourself. luckily, jisung finally started helping, well not really. he just told you his plans to make the work better, even though he wasn't going to contribute.

while he was explaining his ideas for the project, you were looking at him and you noticed his soft facial features. he was actually adorable, but you couldn't tell him that. and he probably had a girlfriend anyway.

though, that would cross with the whole "i just met a really cute girl a few minutes ago" thing he was talking to his friend about yesterday. the more you thought about who the cute girl could be, you realized that the only girl he had just met at that time was you-

"y/n!" he yelled, snapping you out of your thoughts. "i asked if you wanted anything to drink?"

"oh, yeah. sure."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

over the course of the week, while working on the project with jisung at his house, you noticed that he slowly started contributing more. you also noticed that you might be developing a crush on him.

he was just so attractive, and he was actually really smart. not to mention he's made you laugh pretty hard quite a few times. he would crack random jokes while you two were working. but you couldn't date him. he was popular, and you weren't. he wouldn't date you, and he probably didn't even think of you like that.

but sometimes the way he looked at you made you feel like he had interest in you too. the way he would look at you like you were his whole world, and when you caught him staring, he would simply blush and look away.

dammit you didn't want to like him. but you couldn't help it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"why are you looking at me like that, jisung, help me!" you said, trying to finish the last part of this paper. shit, he was giving you that same look again. you felt your cheeks heating up, so you quickly looked away from him. "jisung-"

"can't you tell i like you, y/n?"

what?

"what are you talking about... " he sighed before talking, "the last few days, i've realized how much i enjoy being in your company, y/n. and you're cute too. do you want to go out with me?"

is he just playing with you?

"no. i promise you, i really do like you."

it's like he could read your mind.

"nah, you're just talking out loud."
you blushed even harder at that. "oh," you said, and he laughed. "um, i would like to go out with you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the date went wonderfully, because jisung became your boyfriend.

and don't worry, you got an A+ on the project.

--------------------------

thank you guys for 2.08k reads!! <333

that was the longest story i've written so far lol.

i hoped you liked it, it was kinda hard for me to write tbh, i was trying not to make everything too cliche