Chapter 8- The Reichenbach Fall Part 1

Marie woke up, to be disappointed when she saw the other half of the bed was empty.

She walked out into the living room, to see Sherlock begin to play his violin. She stood against the wall, listening to the beautifully composed music.

She walked over to Sherlock, and tapped his shoulder from behind, startling him.

"Goodmorning." Sherlock said, then kissed her on the cheek. Her cheeks flushed a red color.

"We musnt tell John. He'd be furious." Sherlock joked,and she walked into the kitchen to make them both some tea.

Whilst, John had come from upstairs, and sat down in his seat.

"Goodmorning, John. I trust you slept well?" Marie said as leaned up against the counter, waiting for the kettle to heat.

"Great. What about you, Marie?" Marie quickly glanced over at Sherlock, and then back over at the kettle, and poured their tea.

"As always." She grabbed an extra tea cup from the cupboards, and made a cup for John as well. She Put the three cups on a tray, and passed them out to the boys. Lastly, she grabbed her own, and sat on the couch, peacefully.

"What are we doing today, Mr. Holmes?" Marie asked as sipped her warm tea.

"We have some appreciation ceremonies, and what not." Sherlock sighed, as he laid upside down on his chair.

"Oh god. I hate those things."

~2 hours later~

"A small token of our gratitude." The director handed Sherlock a small box, and Sherlock looked at it carefully.

"Diamond cufflinks." Marie smiled, knowing what would come next.

"All my cuffs have buttons." Sherlock rolled his eyebrows as John nudged him in the side a bit.

"He means thank you." John nodded to the man, trying his best to cover Sherlock.

"Do I?" Sherlock turned to John, and gave him a look.

"Just say it." The two whispered to each other, and the director gave them a surprised look.

"Thank you." Sherlock said insincerely. He tried to walk away, but John stopped him.

"Hey." The three stood together, as the photographers took pictures of them.

~1 hour later~

"Back together with my family, after my terrifying ordeal; and we have two people to thank. Sherlock Holmes, and Marie Beckham." A cheerful boy ran up to the pair, and both handed them small boxes.

"Tie pin. I dont wear ties. And poor Marie, she got a mug." Both of them looked at their presents sheepishly, as the cameras flickered and flashed.

~3 hours later~

"Peter Ricoletti: number one on Interpol's Most Wanted list since 1982. But we got him; and theres one man we have to thank for giving us the decisive leads.... With all his customary diplomacy and tact!" Lestrade joked, as the press laughed along with him.

Sherlock watched as Lestrade walked over to him, and handed him a wrapped gift, and noticed that Anderson and Donovan were both smiling in the back of the room. Sherlock knew right away what was underneath the wrapping paper.

Everyone in the room watch as Sherlock pulls out a deerstalker hat, and room cheered for him to put it on. Sherlock turned to Marie and John, as if he was asking if he should put it on.

"Just get it over with." Marie smiled, as she also wanted to the detective put on the funny hat. Sherlock shoved the wrapping paper into Marie's hands, somewhat startling her. He sheepishly put on the hat, and fake smiled at everyone.

Enigmatic |Sherlock Fanficton|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें