Chapter 3- Dinner

Marie didn't spend too much time in the store, and only got what was necessary. These things included a pair of pajama shorts, along with some band tees. She knew that she had to keep up her appearance when she went out of the house, or on cases, so she bought more formal clothes, similar to the ones she was wearing today. Beckham hailed a cab, and quickly shoved the shopping bags into the seat next to her.

She told the cabby the address, 221B Baker St., and she sat in the back, thinking. What had Sherlock thought of her when he first saw her again? Marie knew that she didnt look anything like she did before, besides the same eyes and hair color.

She knew something was different when she noticed Sherlock trying to deduce her, but it was obvious that he couldnt pick up anything. She was snapped out of her thoughts when the cab stopped. She handed the cabby a 20, and then got out of the car, carrying the bags along with her. She set down the bags on her sides, and grabbed her key to flat, from her newly purchased purse. She unlocked it, and the door slowly opened as she grabbed the bags and swiftly walked through the door, and closed it with her foot.

She walked through the doorway, and saw Sherlock watching her. She knew what he was doing, so she just let it slide.

"You know, Ms. Beckham, you are very hard to understand. One minute youre sophisticated business woman, and then you come home with band tees." Sherlock raised an eyebrow, whilst pulling out a Nirvana t-shirt she had gotten. She felt her cheeks warm up, and didnt face Holmes.

"You as well, Mr. Holmes." She grabbed her bags, and arrogantly curtsied, then walked down the hall, and into her room. Sherlock cursed himself, knowing that he wasnt going about this the right way. He wanted to show Marie that he hadnt turned into a complete bastard. Well, maybe just a bit.

He walked back over to his seat, and sat down with his violin. He knew that Marie loved it when he used to play, so he played the song she always wanted him to play when they kids.

Marie took the clothes out of the bags, and started to put them away in the makeshift dresser. She thought, and thought, and thought again. Sherlock had always been very arrogant, yet also very ignorant at the same time. She knew that when they were kids, Sherlock was sweet on her, and she was trying to be delicate about the whole thing.

What if he still felt that way?

She was once again, taken away from her thoughts, when Sherlock peeked through the door. She didnt turn to face him, but she knew that he was now in the room. She sighed, knowing he was getting impatient.

"Yes, Sherly?" She turned to him this time, and he put his hands in his pockets, somewhat nervously. She cocked her head to the side, expectantly. He looked down at his feet, then back her quickly. She noticed that he had been thinking about what he was going to say for awhile, most likely when she was gone, so it must be about he.

She knew Sherlock had a smoking problem, and she noticed that he was wearing nicotine patches by the way his arm was positioned. She now knew what he was going to ask, by deducing a few other things.

"If you like." She smiled and he rolled his eyes, knowing the trick she just played. She turned away from him, and picked out an outfit for dinner.

Sherlock walked out of the room, shaking his head. She was almost too good at this stuff for him. He walked over to window, and people watched, while he thought. He ought to admit, Marie had matured beautifully.

Defiantly one of gods creatures, if there was a god. He was conflicted unto whether or not he still felt the way he did about Marie, some time back.

He threw his thoughts aside when Marie came out of her room, with an amazing pencil dress on, which complimented her curves perfectly. He looked at her, then fixed his gaze, embarrassed. She smiled at him, while she slipped her heels on.

"Only Marie Beckham can make Sherlock Holmes blush." Marie teased as Sherlock grabbed his coat and scarf, and slid them on gracefully.

Sherlock held out his arm for Marie, and she wrapped her arm around his as they walked out of the flat.

Once they had gotten to the restaurant, and sat down, Sherlock began studying her once again. Marie smiled at how confused he was, and took a sip of her expensive red wine. She watched as Sherlock sat up, and looked her dead in the eyes.

"So what did the famous Marie Beckham do in the past 14 years, without her trusty sidekick, Sherlock Holmes?" She rolled her eyes at how he made her sound important. He had crossed his arms, and she had sat back in her chair, letting her  brown hair fall to her shoulders.

"Not much. Studied Psychology and Musical Industry. Also learned how to play the violin and piano." Marie explained proudly. Sherlock raised an eyebrow, at how much she accomplished in so little time.

"What about you Sherly? Bet its fun being the worlds only Consulting Detective." She laughed a bit as she took another small sip of the red wine. Sherlock looked down into his drink, trying to find the right words to say.

"Not much actually. Dealing with cases like I have been, which inquire murder and almost the same thing each time, it gets boring. Doing them with John have made them less boring, but I always wondered what it would be like with an old friend. Or perhaps someone of your expertise." Marie smiled at what he was hinting, and she watched him plead to her, with his eyes.

"I'd be happy to accompany you on the next case." She winked, and turned to see the waitress with their food. She set down their food in front of them, and then nodded at the pair as she walked away. Marie turned to Sherlock, just as he did to her.

She held up her wine glass, just above the candle that was set in the middle of the table. Holmes did the same, and smiled at her.

"Cheers. To the old of times"

Sherlock and Marie clinked glasses, and watched each other closely as they both took one last sip of their wine.