Ch. 38

It had been two weeks since Alex had expressed to the twins how much work he had to get done before he gave birth. But unlike the throuple, their pup was not ready to come out into the world. Alex was four days past his due date and he was not happy. Vic had ordered him to bed rest till he gave birth and it was the most uncomfortable thing he had been through. He couldn't sleep, he could hardly move, and even getting up to go restroom was a struggle. It was killing him, to say the least.

"Good morning beautiful, are you hungry?" Alex heard a voice wake him from his very much-needed, very short nap.

"No." He mumbled back trying to fall back asleep.

"Lex, you need to eat." The voice spoke again making the pregnant man realize that it was Ryan who had woken him.

"Ryan, I am not hungry and I need sleep!" Alex exclaimed as he tried to sit up.

"I know you're not sleeping great, but it doesn't mean that you shouldn't eat." Ryan reasoned as he helped his mate sit up.

"Well, when you become pregnant you can tell me which one seems more important at the moment."

"Fair, but at least take a few bites, okay?"

"Fine."

Ryan helped Alex get up and down the stairs to the kitchen where Andrew was, setting an omelet onto a plate. As they entered the kitchen Andrew looked up and smiled at Alex.

"I hope you're hungry, 'cause I made you cheese omelet and pineapple as a side. I know you haven't been sleeping well, so, if you don't want to eat a lot you don't have to."

"Did Ryan tell you I'm cranky?" Alex looked at Andrew with a knowing look.

"Wha- No. I- I just figures that you are probably tired from not sleeping well."

"Uhuh, nice try Cruz, but I think I've known you two long enough to tell when you're lying to me."

"Well, I did it for a good reason." Andrew reasoned to get himself out of the hole he dug.

"True, fine I'm not upset."

Everyone ate and even though Alex said he wouldn't he certainly finished his food. The day went on as the past four days previous. Alex is in bed, the twins doting on him, and still no baby. The next day all three of them spent most of the day trying to figure out what to name their pup. The three wanted to choose a name that was both special and gender friendly.

"Jaime?"

"No." 

"Max"

"Joe?"

"I am not going to name my child that."

"What about Jayden?"

"No."

"Come on Lex, we have to agree to a name. our little pup is going to be here soon." Ryan expressed.

"Nothing feels right. I should feel something at the sound of my child's name."

"Charlie?"

"No."

"Corey?"

"Oh, Goddess!"

"Okay jeez, I get it!" Ryan complained.

"No! It's happening!"

"You mean pup!?!"

"No! I mean I'm urinating all over! Yes, our pup is coming!" Alex retorted as he tried to breathe calmly.

The twins immediately started running around trying to get everything in order. Ryan started calling the pack beta Carla, letting her know that all three leaders would be out for the next few days. Andrew mind-linking Vic letting her know that Alex was in labor and she was needed immediately. Meanwhile, Alex began whining and making little howls, showing he was uncomfortable.