013.....𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕝 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕘𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕚𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝.

𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕, 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕚𝕥 𝕨𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕𝕟'𝕥 𝕓𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕞𝕒𝕟 𝕠𝕣 𝕒 𝕘𝕚𝕣𝕝

-James Brown

OCTOBER 27th - 8:00pm

Though one could imagine how queens and queens ate, this nearly represented how gods did.

gods: beings who ruled over the worlds that circulated the galaxies. Beings that decided the way her story would play out with his.

The hanging chandeliers— were just the tip of the iceberg— as they draped over the ballroom. Their golden light harmonized with every spot in the room, as every guest walked in with their partner through those grand glass doors.

in the middle was a simple formica dance floor, and by it laid a jazz band singing simple tunes that synced Mercedes to a place where bossa nova streamed through her veins... Where now she couldnt help but away her lips from side to side, as her hand wrapped around Matthews bicep.

Though, the air began to feel tighter as politicians began to swarm the room.

Polictians who were all linked by arm with Fisk and his shenanigans that he ran throughout the city. What she was doing there god knows. God knows why she was in the middle of a room filled with people who hated her and her complexities. Turning his face to his date, Matthew whispered, "Foggy said he's going to call me soon..."

"Is everything alright?" asked Mercedes as her brows became a knot, "He usually doesnt bother you when it comes to stuff like this."

As his chest began to tighten he said, "It's Marci, and the engagement."

"Oh god no." pleaded the women, "They were so happy."

"It's Marci...." whispered Matt, "One day she's yes, the other day she's—"

"No." continued the women as they reached an area near the dance floor; just allowing herself to be a women, and not a detective, she then saw Vanessa, who was fitted with a near angelic dress that was a high-collar and went own to the floor. By her was her five year old son who had brown hairs, and was dressed in a suit— that she imagined— matched Fisk's.

Her hair, tired up in a side part bun, and a sheet of gloss that dripped over her lips— Matthew and Mercedes then found themselves greeting Mrs.Fisk.

In a melody as her foreign accent slipped through every syllable, Venessa said, "Welcome, Ms.Castle, and—" she turned her face to the blind man who's red glasses revealed the eyes which she had never seen before, "Matthew..." she pulled her head back and said with a grin, "What a surprise"

"Vanessa," greeted Matthew as he then reached out for her hand and laid a small kiss on her warm peach skin, "I suppose, a welcome one?"

Gathering her words, Mercedes then chirped into the conversation by saying, "Oh, I hadn't known that the two of you had known one another?"