𝘗𝘙𝘖𝘓𝘖𝘎𝘜𝘌......... 𝔻𝕖𝕟𝕪 𝕄𝕖

𝕀 𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕤𝕚𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕖𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕀'𝕞 𝕘𝕠𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕪𝕠𝕦

 𝕀𝕥 𝕤𝕚𝕥𝕤 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕒 𝕣𝕠𝕔𝕜 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕞𝕒𝕔𝕙 𝔸 𝕕𝕣𝕠𝕡 𝕠𝕗𝕗, 𝕒 𝕤𝕦𝕞𝕞𝕚𝕥

- Grace Gardner

WEDNESDAY NIGHT OCTOBER 14TH - ONE WEEK PRIOR TO : "EPILOGUE"

The potent aroma of espresso filled Matts apartment as Mercedes swirled her coffee around with the holy of her wrist.

Truth was the the smell of espresso had been engraved into the walls of Matts apartment walls, and even the carpet.

The carpet was actually an addition Mercedes made to Matts apartment. It wasn't a big one, but it just went under the coffee table to "spice it up". Matts counter claim was that, "i'm blind, why do I need a carpet?" but, Mercedes was there half of the time and she felt that it needed a spruce.

In three years in six months, the couple really had grown. With Mercedes in line with being the commander for the detective crime department in hell's kitchen, it really kept her and Matt busy around all times of day, but they liked it. They liked their busyness, and their way of finding each other in the chaos. Whether their nights were spent reviewing a case Matt had to defend the following day, or if it was Matt warning Mercedes's about future crime that was coming up in the city— they found that it was their love language. Didn't know crime could be a love language, but turns out quality time was one.

Matt creaked the door of his apartment open, walking though the doors with a new forest green tie Mercedes had bought him for his birthday, he hung his cane on the side, placed his leather work bag down, and slid his glasses off as he made his way to the courier.

Mercedes did't notice him walk in, as she danced with her earphones on listening to some cuban jazz. He heard her dopamine levels rise as the part of the son came with the key change.

Dimples formed on Matts cheeks as his fiery vision revealed her hips swing from side to side as she poured sugar into her mug.

He slipped his jacket away from his shoulders, and placed it over the chair as he slithered his way to her and placed his hands over her hips.

instead of jolting when his touch reached her waist; Mercedes melted into his embrace as he placed his lips into the crook of her neck. She placed her birth control pill down on the counter as matt said,

"you like jazz?" his lips released from her neck, "what is it? cuban?"

"1955" said Mercedes as her hips moved along with the music, "listen" said Mercedes as her hips bounced along with the music, "you hear that?"