The Oracle's got no answers

Thalia: exactly! So what am I supposed to do?

Thalia was currently in the big house. After reading the letter from her father she immediately ran to show it to Chiron. The daughter of Zeus was hopeful that the legendary trainer of heroes would know how to go from here.

Thalia: I mean first I have the dream about Kronos and then my father sends me an entire arsenal as a gift.

Since Thalia had shown him the letter Chiron had found himself unable to tear his eyes away, specifically from one part of it, the p.s. part. Chiron wasn't the only one to look at it either. But after Mr.D had seen it the god decided he definitely didn't want anything to do with what was going on. The gods want to not get involved was even higher then usual but Chiron couldn't blame him. Especially since he knew what getting involved would mean for the god.

Chiron mind: why lord Zeus would you want to send your only daughter there. You of all people should know what that'll do.

Chiron was so focused that it took Thalia all but screaming to finally tear the centaurs gaze away from the peace of paper.

Chiron: I'm sorry Ms.Grace did you say something?

Thalia: jeez Chiron what's with you today? You seem out of it.

Chiron looked at the young girl and saw her worry.

Chiron:(sigh) sorry to worry you Ms.Grace but a lot has happened and I didn't get much sleep last night.

Chiron tried his best to down play his his worry but he could see that Thalia wasn't really buying it.

Thalia: right well like I asked before do you know why my father would want me to go to the main Amazon headquarters of all places.

There it was, the question Chiron knew Thalia was going to ask but prayed to the gods that she wouldn't. He didn't want to but Chiron knew he was going to have to lie to the young demigod. After all he had to think of the safety of the other demigods in the camp too.

Chiron: I don't presume to know what the gods think.

Thalia's face instantly dropped, obviously not pleased with his answer. Still though Chiron did know that Zeus wouldn't have told Thalia about Amazon headquarters if he didn't have a good reason to. What that reason could be he honestly didn't have a single clue about. Even so Chiron knew he still needed to help.

Chiron: perhaps it's time for you to see the Oracle.

Thalia: what?

Chiron: with your dream of Kronos and the sudden appearance of the new weapons from your father happening around the same time it can't be just a coincidence.

Thalia knew Chiron was right, both occurrences happening so close to one another had to mean something. Still though she didn't know if seeing the Oracle was such a good idea. It must have been obvious what she was thinking about because Chiron's features instantly softened. The centaur then made his way over to stand in front of the young demigod. He placed both hands gently on her shoulders to relax her.

Chiron: no matter what happens, no matter what the Oracle tells you, as soon as you come back down I will be here to help you figure things out.

Chiron could feel that much of the tension the young girl was holding in had vanished. Still there was plenty of it remaining, he could understand why too. Because Thalia had turned down Artemis's invitation to join her hunters she could still be the demigod spoken of in the great prophecy. Unfortunately neither him nor Thalia were privy to current events revolving around the prophecy.

Thalia: (sigh) well it's not the most reassuring thing ever but I guess it'll have to do.

Chiron gave Thalia one last warm smile before she was off to the attic. As she was on her way Thalia realized that she was taking each step of the staircase leading up as slowly as she could. After this realization she shook her head to help clear her mind.

Thalia mind: come on you can do this.

Thalia then remembered the last time she was this scared. She was with Clark and the two were running away from the Erymanthian Boar. The boar had chased them onto the tracks and Thalia found herself very high off the ground. Her fear of heights had taken over after that but Clark was there to help her. The two ended up falling off the tracks and Clark said he slipped.

Thalia: (chuckles) unlikely.

All the times Thalia had witnessed Clark's bravery soon came flooding into her mind. As she thought about them the fear she had in her slowly melted away. Now with a look of determination in her eyes she was ready and all but ran up the stairs. Hearing her going up the stairs from the front room Chiron couldn't help but smile.

Chiron: good luck young one.

At her pace it didn't take long for Thalia to reach the entrance to the attic. No longer hesitating Thalia threw open the entrance and went in. The attic was full of relics of the past and trophies from demigod quests. Thalia didn't even bother with them and instead beelined it towards the female mummy in the tie dye shirt. Stopping only when she was within a few feet of the husk.

Thalia: alright Oracle I need information. So let's go, tell me what I should know.

As the seconds ticked by nothing happened but in that nothing tension began to once again build up in Thalia. But as even more time slowly passed that tension stopped building and instead began to change to confusion. This was the first time that Thalia had visited the Oracle so she didn't know how long it took to get a prophecy. Still though she assumed five minutes was a long time to wait for one.

Thalia: um Oracle? Are.....are you there? Hello?

Still the mummified female hippie didn't move. Not feeling like waisting anymore time in the attic Thalia began to make her way back down. Once down the stairs she found Chiron waiting for her in the front room just like he said he would.

Chiron: so? What did the Oracle tell you?

Thalia: nothing.

Chiron: nothing?

Thalia started telling Chiron how nothing happened when she went up there. How the Oracle didn't even twitch at her presence. The whole time she spoke, once again Chiron remained quiet and just listened to her.

Thalia: since the Oracle's got nothing for me what am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to go on a quest like this?

Chiron didn't say anything at first and this only proceeded to annoy Thalia.

Thalia: Chiron!

This jolted Chiron from his worrisome thoughts.

Thalia: not to be rude or anything but you doing that is starting to get old.

Chiron: I'm sorry Ms.Grace I just have much to think about.

Thalia: sorry for snapping at you just now but I could really use some advice. I'm about to be sent on a quest with no prophecy to guide me.

Chiron: no I don't think so.

Thalia: no? No to what?

Chiron: all of it.

Thalia: (confused) all of it? What do you mean?

Chiron: you won't be going on a quest, and you aren't without a guide.

Thalia: I'm still confused. What are you talking about?

Chiron handed Thalia back the letter from her father that he had been rereading.

Chiron: it looks like Amazon headquarters is where you will find the answers to your questions.