The past shapes the future

Ancient Greece, a time when the Gods of Olympus and the monsters that roamed the earth were fact not myth. It was a time when the Gods didn't hide themselves from the mortal world. Not only was it a time of the Gods but also a golden age of heroes. A time when many Gods and Goddess wanted a great hero of there own so they had someone to quest in there name.
By this point many heroes have already come and gone. Such as Heracles, Perseus, and Belus. Then there were those who were just starting to make a name for themselves, such as Achilles. It was thinks to heroes like these that many of the Gods and Goddess wanted to obtain a hero for themselves. Not all did though.
Most heroes were the sons and daughters of the Gods and Goddess themselves. Demigod children of the Greek pantheon of deities. This is the reason that most Gods and Goddess didn't have heroes as they ether didn't have children or didn't have children who were capable of such things. One of the Goddess who fell under the later category was Themis the Titan Goddess of Justice.
Themis did have children. She had six daughters with Zeus in fact. Those six daughters became the three seasons and the three Fates. Together Themis's six daughters represented Natural law and order.
Themis also had demigod children to just like many of the other Gods and Goddess. However all would mostly go into some form of law enforcement or a similar field. None would truly become the type of hero that she needed for quests. At this point Themis believed that she would never have a hero of her own and while that's not a big loss, the other Gods and Goddess talked so much about how fun it is to watch them on their quests. Themis just wanted that as well. Themis just might get it as well. The Titan Goddess discovered this one day as she was on Mt.Olympus.
Themis had just returned from overseeing one of her demigod daughters who just finished delivering justice in her name. Now she was walking the roads of Olympus as the young Godlings went about there day and payed respect to her as she walked by. Things were peaceful for the Goddess at this moment. That is until the God who is considered to be the most irritating of all the Olympians appeared before the Goddess.

Themis: Apollo and what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?

By the tone of Themis voice it was easy to tell that she was annoyed to see Apollo. Apollo in response just put on his usual smile.

Apollo: hey there's no need to be that way.

Themis: what do you want Apollo?

Apollo: what I can't just come and see a pretty Goddess such as yourself.

Themis gave Apollo a look that told him that she wasn't about to fall for any of his lines.

Themis: that stuff might work on the young deities but not on me now what do you want?

Apollo: I think you forgot that I am an Olympian. You should watch how you talk to me.

Apollo wasn't really threatening Themis. Really he was just trying to win this little back and forth of theres. Themis however wasn't one to be easily intimidated though.

Themis: and I think you forgot that I am still very close to your father. You know the king of Olympus.

Apollo was somewhat deflated after that but bounced back almost immediately.

Apollo: touché Themis and now to the reason I'm here.

Themis: finally.

Apollo: I've heard throw the grape vine that you have been looking for a hero to represent you.

Themis: not really looking but all in all yes.

Apollo: then this might interest you. It's something that I haven't even told Zeus yet.

Themis: and that is?

Apollo looked around to see if anyone was eavesdropping before leaning in close to Themis.

Apollo: I've been having visions of (in mortal terms) the far distant future. In these visions I see a mortal hero who fell from the stars. This mortal will poses powers and abilities for beyond that of mortal men. But it's not just his abilities that will make him great but his pure heart and unbreakable will. A being with the strength of the Gods but who dedicates his life to protecting the weak.

Themis looked at Apollo with disbelief. She was a Goddess and has seen things that most mortals who even believe in them would think to be impossible. But even she had a hard time believing in a mortal like that. This being sounded perfect and that's something mortals were not.

Apollo: I can see you don't believe me.

Themis: can you blame me?

Apollo: no but trust me when I tell you I'm not. Besides visions of the future are kind of my thing, I'm not going to jeopardize my reputation of that on a joke.

Themis: ok so let's say I believe you then, why tell me about this and not Zeus?

Apollo: for starters do you really think Zeus would allow a mortal like that to live if he knew about them?

Themis: true but you will have to tell him eventually.

Apollo: that's were you come in. My visions make it clear that this mortal fights for truth, justice, and other stuff like that.

Themis: he fights for my domain? Is he to be my champion?

Apollo: I don't know but if you help me vouch for him to live we could find out.

Themis: while Zeus will listen to me, my word alone won't be able to sway him. He can be very paranoid at times.

Apollo: don't worry about that. I'm on my way to see Athena next. I figured that since truth falls in her domain she might also help. After that I try to convince others to.

Apollo continued to try and convince Themis to help him. And while it took a little bit to do so she eventually agreed. She still didn't full believe Apollo though.

Apollo: thank you Themis, no if you will excuse me I need to go talk to Athena. I need to get as many Gods and Goddesses on my side before the next council meeting.

Apollo began walking away but was stopped by Themis before he got to far.

Themis: you never said why your helping this mortal.

Apollo turned back towards Themis. When he does he give the Goddess a big goofy grin.

Apollo: my domain of the sun plays a part in this mortals life and I want to find out what it is.

With that Apollo continued on his way leaving Themis alone with her thoughts.

Themis: a near perfect mortal hero?

Themis shook her head before turning and continuing down the streets of Olympus.

Themis: it's just too good to be try.