Hogwarts Changes (And gets much Better)

The group made their way out of the express as rain pelted down overhead. As they were on Hogwarts grounds, Hermione and Draco didn't stop themselves from casting a shield over them to stop everyone from getting wet. Others around them didn't seem to be as intelligent and only ran to safety unlike the twelve heirs who walked at a more sedate pace. Hadrian, as the Crown Prince of Magical England (even if the title was in some parts only a formal one), was the one leading the group with the others either walking beside him or behind him.

They quickly walked towards the carriages and divided themselves into three groups with four to a carriage.

They all jumped down from their carriage and dashed up the steps, holding the protective spells in place until they were safely inside the cavernous, torch-lit entrance hall with its magnificent marble staircase.

"Blimey," Ron said, shaking his head in exasperation, "if that keeps up the lake's going to overflow! We almost —ARRGH!"

The scream attracted the attention of the others and they looked behind them, as Ron was at the very back. Looking at the boy they saw he was soaked wet and looking up at the ceiling.

A large, red, water-filled balloon had dropped from out of the ceiling onto Ron's head and exploded. Drenched and sputtering, Ron staggered sideways into Neville, just as a second water bomb dropped. Narrowly missing Hermione, it burst at Neville's feet, sending a wave of cold water over his shoes. People all around them shrieked and started pushing one another in their efforts to get out of the line of fire. They all looked up and saw, floating twenty feet above them, Peeves the Poltergeist with a wide, malicious smile on his face which then contorted in concentration as he took aim again.

"PEEVES!" yelled an angry voice. "Peeves, come down here at ONCE!"

Professor McGonagall, the Deputy Headmistress, had come dashing out of the Great Hall; she skidded on the wet floor and grabbed Hermione around the neck to stop herself from falling.

"Ouch — sorry, Miss Prince-Garcia —"

"That's all right, Professor!" Hermione gasped, massaging her throat. Beside her, Draco pulled out his wand and sent a simple healing spell to her neck, getting a grateful smile in return.

"Peeves, get down here NOW!" Professor McGonagall shouted, straightening her pointed hat and glaring upward through her square-rimmed spectacles.

"Not doing nothing!" cackled Peeves, lobbing a water bomb at several fifth-year girls, who screamed and dived into the Great Hall. "Already wet, aren't they? Little squirts! Wheeeeeeeeee!" And he aimed another bomb at a group of second years who had just arrived.

"I shall call the headmaster!" shouted Professor McGonagall. "I'm warning you, Peeves —"

The poltergeist cackled loudly and continued what he was doing. Ginny, having enough of the nonsense as she wanted to get into the Great Hall to warm up, looked up with a single glare at Peeves. Making eye contact with the girl, Peeves shuddered in fear before zoomed off up the marble staircase. It was a little known fact but Peeves the Poltergeist was eternally loyal to the House of Gryffindor, sworn to follow all their orders, and Ginny, as the only Heiress, was probably the only person who could get him to stop his mischief.

Professor McGonagall noticed the display but chose not to comment as she had already had her suspicions about Ginny and her friends. She just gave the girl a grateful nod before she started ushering the students inside to warm up and sit down for the sorting and opening feast.

The twelve said their last goodbyes before separating to go to their own house tables. Hermione and Luna went to Ravenclaw where they were greeted by Padma Patil and Sue Li, who moved to leave a space for the two.