𖥻 THE GREAT WAR

"you said i have to trust more freely, but diesel is desire, you were playing with fire."

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗

           RILEY BRUSHED THROUGH HER HAIR AS SHE GOT READY FOR THE DAY. her class had their annual field trip that day, the museum of modern arts. Riley slipped on a pair of jeans and a sweater as she grabbed her phone to shoot peter a text.

riley
hey pete, save me a seat on the bus.

peter
always, i thought you weren't coming on the trip though?

riley
changed my mind, had a gut feeling idk.

she shut of her phone, putting it in her back pocket as she grabbed her converse and backpack, as she made her way to the kitchen.

"hey kiddo" her father greeted, looking up from his phone.

"hey dad—" she said before freezing, eyes widening as she realized what she had said, she cleared her throat before turning on her heel and sprinting through the door, starting her journey to school.
over the past few months; she had grown to truly him as her father.

Tony's mind registered what riley had called him a bit too late, as she was already half way through the door as he tried to call for her, his attempt unsuccessful.

the faint sound of taylor swift  flooded her ears as she walked, humming the lyrics along.

lost your balance on a tightrope, lost your mind trying to get it back.

sometimes she thought that music captured her emotions more than anything ever would, it was one of the few things riley was truly grateful for.

Riley always tried to make the best of a bad deal, she decided she wouldn't let anything ruin this day, she and peter had a date planed after school, and she wasn't going to mess anything up.

she made her way through the halls, ignoring stares from people, making her way to her locker, taking the books out of her bag and only grabbing what was necessary for the field trip.

After a short minute of shuffling through her books, she felt one of her earphones being pulled out. with a frown on her face, she turned around to find peter parker looking back at her with a boyish smile on his face.

she quickly took the other earphone out, wrapping them up and stuffing them into her pocket as she greeted the boy in front of her.

"hey pete." she smiled at him, turning back around to shut her locker.

"hey riley—" his eyes trailed from her head to skim the rest of her outfit, "you look cute today." he said as he took her hand, starting to make their way to the bus.

"opposed to everyday?" she grinned at him.

"what— no i mean— you look cute everyday, just—"

"relax peter, i was just kidding, thank you." she said as she stood on her toes to kiss his cheek, "so, i made us a playlist to listen to on the bus" she informed him, she had made it last night since she couldn't fall asleep.