𖥻 VIGILANTE SHIT

"i don't start shit, but i can tell you how it ends"

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗

RILEY JUMPS OFF HER FIRE ESCAPE and starts using her grappling hooks to swing from building to building. it was finally her favorite part of the day, patrol. she had her homemade suit on, which consisted of leggings, a long sleeve tight fitted black tee, and a mask that was similar to what doctors and surgeons wore, except hers was black. as for her shoe situation, her scuffed up black converse would have to do, in her opinion the "suit" was pretty good for a 15 year old girl with absolutely no money.

god can't something good happen? she thought to herself, nothing is ever going on in this part of queens. she eventually got bored of looking and settles on top of a huge building thinking no one would be able to see her,

"hey! who are you?" something calls out from behind causing her to jump and almost fall off the building

"what the fuck dude? you scared the living shit out of me!" she shoots back, out of breath, it was a guy in red and blue... spandex?

"who are you?" she says matter of factly.

"hey i asked first!" he replies almost instantly,

she sighs and says "i'm black cat.. now who are you?" she gives him a look.

"i'm spider..man!" she looks up at him with a look of confusion, he sounded almost unsure of his name.

"why do you sound so unsure.. spider-boy?" she whispers the last part.

"it's spider-man! not spider-boy!" he says while clearly looking frustrated,

she lets out an airy laugh "not in that spandex you're not-" she says before she gets cut off

"it's my super suit!" he whisper yells this time.

"calm down dude! it's just word play.. you know like that one line from that taylor swift song? spider-boy? king of thieves?" she shoots back.

"oh- then it's a pleasure to meet you i guess." he awkwardly says.

"you guess..?" she questions his awkwardness

why does he sound oddly familiar riley though, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. suddenly an explosion goes off a few block down.

"what is that.." peter quietly whispers,

"i don't know, should we go check it out?" she whispers back,

"we? we're a team now?" he says, whilst looking at her, narrowing his eyes.

"sure, why not. i mean it'll make this part of the job way more fun." she looks at him. he quietly sighs before signaling her to follow him.

they make it to the place where the explosion came from, both riley and peter just stood there in what seemed to be a mixture of shock and confusion.

"is that the avengers robbing a bank"

"what are those weapons they're using?" they mutter out at the same time, causing them to look at each-other.

"okay just follow me and we'll find out what those.. weapons are" peter says as he climbs the wall and enters the small space

"the avengers? what are you guys doing here!" he says as he clears his throat, black cat watches from a distance, deciding that she should interfere once they almost slice him open with whatever tech they have.

"hey fellas! that's not a nice way to treat our friendly neighborhood spider-man now is it?" she says, sarcasm dripping from her voice. just as she's about to snatch the gun from what looked like "thors" hand he fires it, causing delmars to burn down right in front of them

"oh no mr delmar!" spider-man yells out as he quickly runs away from the scene, causing cat to run after him, and for the bad guys to get away.

after everything that just happened in the span of an hour, riley and peter were sitting on top of yet another building in pure silence, trying to process what had just happened

"hey, do you wanna play 20 questions?" she calls out

"what?" peter says, almost baffled that she asked that after what had just happened

"why do you sound shocked.. it's just a game, plus if we're gonna be a team i think we should at least get to know eachother" she states

"alright fine i'll go first.. what's your name?" he says

"easy bug boy, your not getting it that easily." she says as she lets out a small giggle

"what did you just call me?" he whispers

"you heard me." she shoots back.

peter was getting flustered under the mask, he thanked god that she couldn't see his face at that moment.

"wait so- how come you have a way cooler suit than me? did you make that?" she questions.

"well uh.. tony stark made my suit.." he nervously says, it was true. peter was still shocked that tony had let him keep it.

"what? how do you get tony stark to make your suit?" she almost yells because of how shocked she was.

"he recruited me" he nonchalantly says as if it was casual.

"you got recruited by the tony stark" she says while her eyes grow wide in shock.

"you say that as if it's a bad thing, i'm sure he'll recruit you soon!" he says

and boy was he right.

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗

authors note!
- i don't know if this is good lol, i'm trying my best here and i know i said we'll get to find out more about riley and her home situation in this chapter but i just lost track so that will hopefully be happening in the next chapter, also i hope you caught some of my tasm references! i also wanna include the "quiet as a cat, sneaking as a spider" line from the spider-man ps4 game but i'm still trying to find out how to do that! more riley and peter coming next chapter... and riley also meets someone special!
- also i just wanna say please leave comments and what not!  it would really make my day lol -