𖥻 EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED

"all i feel in my stomach is butterflies, the beautiful kind, making up the lost time."

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗

MUSIC BLASTED FROM RILEYS NEW ROOM IN THE COMPOUND. the faint sound of taylor swift leaking from her room as she muttered the lyrics

the only source of light in her room being a tiny lamp, she checked her phone for the time; 7:25 pm.

she headed out of her room, not bothering to turn off her music as she made her way to the kitchen, deciding she should probably eat dinner.

over the course of the past 3 days, riley and peter had thankfully gotten their suits back; courtesy of tony stark, although she still of wasn't sure where she and peter stood, non of them talking about the kiss, both dying to recreate it.

she walked to the kitchen; not expecting to see anybody there since everyone was always running around with some sort of responsibility, but today was different since tony, nat and pepper all sat at the kitchen island.

her eyebrow raised once she spotted the person they were all huddled around, her eyes widened. peter parker.

she cleared her throat, making her presence known, "uh— hey peter uh, what are you doing here?" she said, ignoring the stares she received.

"i was actually here to uh— talk to you so.." he trailed off.

"right! uh— let's go to my room" she replied as she grabbed his wrist, pulling him away from the three adults who shared glances.

once they got to her room, she quickly ushered him inside, shutting the door behind him.

"the backseat lovers?" he blurted out, raising his eyebrow.

"huh- oh! uh— yeah." she said as she realized she had left her music in shuffle before she exited the room.

"good choice.. i love them." he said as he went to take a seat on her desk chair as she sat on her bed.

"so, what did you need?" she asked, desperately wondering.

"right! uh— so you know after we defeated the vulture dude.. and we uh— we kissed, that means you wanna be more than friends right?" he hoped.

"no, it was just the heat of the moment." she shrugged.

his voice fell at her words, "oh— uh well, i'll leave, i'm sorry" he began to get up before she grabbed him, forcing him to look at her.

"i was joking peter, i thought the kiss made it obvious that i wanted to be more than friends." she giggled.

he visibly relaxed at her touch, her words bringing him nothing but ease and reassurance. "oh! yeah i knew that.." he trailed off.

"sure you did," sending a wink his way as she moved back to her spot on her bed, patting the empty place next to her, signaling him to come over and sit.