Chapter 8- Rogues and More Tears

Okay well first of all, wow. I didn't expect to reach my goal so quickly but you guys did and in what, two hours? Thank you; that's awesome! Also, this is the second update in one night! :o Hehe... well, it's because of you guys so don't give me the credit; pat yourselves on the back. :) Thank all of you for supporting me and reading this book as well as my book Don't Worry Angel, I'm Here! :3 Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pic of what the guest rooms look like ------>

Damien’s POV!  You’re welcome… hehe :]

                I watched my mate close her eyes, her body slowly relaxing as she drifted off to sleep in my arms, where she belongs. Staring at her peaceful, sweet, beautiful, sleeping face for a few minutes, I leaned down and gently kissed her forehead. I tightened my arms slightly around her protectively as I rested my head in the crook of her neck.

                When I woke up I instantly reached out to pull her closer but then realized that the spot where she was lying beside me is empty. I jerked up, wide awake, and threw the covers off of me. Scooting off of the bed, I started to get up but my feet got tangled in the sheets and I fell onto the floor with a loud ‘thump.’ Growling, I reached down to untangle myself but paused when I heard an angelic little giggle coming from somewhere in the room.

                Looking up, I saw Cassie standing in the bathroom doorway, her beautiful hazel eyes amused and a small smile on her face. I finally got my feet out of the damn sheet and stood, smirking as I advanced toward her. The smile stayed on her face as she watched me approach and I backed her into the wall, placing one of my hands on the wall beside her head and the other one on her waist.

                She stared up at my smirking face and I leaned in, making her amused grin waver slightly. My smirk grew and I leaned in closer, my breath blowing across her neck. She tried to slip away from me but I used the hand on her waist to pull her flush against me, pinning her to the wall with my body. The breath caught in her throat and I chuckled.

                “You think that was funny?” I murmured against her neck. She bit her lip and nodded, the smile returning. I stared at her lips hungrily and she noticed this, releasing her bottom lip. I looked up into her eyes and gripped her chin, pulling her face to mine. She didn’t hesitate in wrapping her arms around my neck and tangling her hands in my hair. I almost moaned; I love it when she does that. Picking her up, I wrapped her legs around my waist and moved over to the bed. I laid her down and hovered over her, pressing my body against hers.

                There was a knock on the door and I growled. Dammit! People keep interrupting! I pulled away and sighed, rolling onto my back and pulling Cassie snugly into my side. I kept my arms around her waist and she blushed, hiding her face in my shoulder.

                “Come in,” I called. The door opened and Jeremy came in, his face serious.

                “The members on patrol found the scent of three rogues on the perimeter. They said that it’s fresh and they’re following it right now.” I tensed slightly. Dammit; I didn’t hear them call me. I must have been so caught up in my beautiful mate that I didn’t hear them. Standing up, I pulled her with me and started to carry her to the door. I stopped when I realized that’s she’s still wearing my boxers, her long, smooth legs exposed.

                My wolf started to take over and growled at Jeremy, who wasn’t even looking at Cassie. He, and I, still don’t like the idea of any male being in the same room as her, let alone when she’s kind of exposed. Alphas are extremely possessive of our mates; at least ten times more so than other wolves. Jeremy held up his hands in surrender and backed out of the room, closing the door behind him.