32 Vivian

There are incredibly happy days when I wake up in Aiden's arms, but more often there are such as today, when there is no one in bed in the morning except me.
However, undoubtedly, a strange schedule in the guy's work is not the most dangerous and  uncomfortable thing...
Every time my heart stops when I think about what he does, what kind of people and money he deals with.

And why did I just start thinking about it as soon as I opened my eyes!

In an effort to somehow distract myself from heavy thoughts, I hurry to the bathroom to wash my face, apply moisturizer and brush my teeth.

Aiden always comes home at different times, but usually I manage to have time to cook something by his arrival (if I have a day off of course, on working days I sleep until very last hour and hardly have time to have breakfast myself).

I like to start my day slowly, savor every moment, do everything in a comfortable rhythm for myself. So today, after drinking a glass of water, I think for a long time about what I would cook for breakfast, and Grace's cookbook helps me in this.

Looking through page after page, I carefully listen to myself. Here's what I need. It's decided! Today there will be crepes. I don't know if they will turn out to be as delicate and thin as Grace's, but life shows that in any case it's worth trying (especially since I have all the ingredients, I don't even have to go to the store).

Words cannot express how much I miss her.
Now that the shock has passed a little, I'm starting to gradually realize that she's gone and will never come back.
We will never hear her encouraging words, see her kind eyes and taste her delicious cooking. And I didn't know Grace for very long...It's hard to imagine what's going on in Aiden's heart right now, what hellish, tormenting pain is smoldering in his chest.

Well, I'm at it again!

I turn on calm music on my phone to shift the focus to a more positive mood, and start cooking.
Surprisingly, the first crepe don't go lumpy with me, but the second one "succeed".
I decide to make a couple more and, in case of failure, watch a video with a detailed explanation of the cooking technique.
Fortunately, it seems that things are going well, and I can handle it without extra help.

I have already formed a fairly high stack of crepes when I suddenly hear the sound of the front door opening.
Realizing that I can't get distracted and go far away, I decide to stay at the stove and wait for Aiden here so as not to burn down our breakfast.

Just when I need to flip the crepe over to the non-fried side, the beloved voice is heard on the side, "Hi there."

I briefly turn my head to Aiden to smile to him, and just as quickly turn my gaze back to the stove.
However, it lasts only a fraction of a second until the realization hits.
A redhead girl is standing in the doorway a little behind Aiden. I accidentally managed to spot her...

To make sure I'm right, I turn back towards the door.

"Meggie!"

Tears sprout from my eyes from unexpected joy.
I let go of the frying pan and run to hug my friend as soon as possible: I will not believe she is really here, until I touch her.

Meg watches me, a little dumbfounded, "Are you crying?"

Oh my God, I've already forgotten what we were like when I lived there with my parents.

"I'm sorry, it's from surprise. I thought I'd never see you again," feeling like I'm about to burst into tears, I pull away from Meg and hurry to bury my face in Aiden's T-shirt, hiding it and whispering thank you.

In the end, after a few seconds I pull myself together, feeling the smell of burning.

"Oh, no! Our breakfast!"